Director of Analytics
San Mateo, CA
Sequoia Consulting Group – Analysts
Sequoia is looking for an innovative, action-oriented, and results-driven Director of Analytics who can lead a growing team to deliver high value trend analysis, benchmarking, and data driven insights to many of the fastest growing technology companies in the world. You will manage a team of Industry Analysts and Client Analysts who are advising HR and Finance leaders on how to allocate their employee benefits investment – their second largest line item cost for many of these people-first companies. Your organization will present financial analysis, identify industry trends, evaluate competitive benchmarks, and provide actionable recommendations to help clients achieve the most leverage from their employee benefits spend.
Your team will also provide the data, analytics and insights that support sales to new prospects and renewals to existing clients. The data-driven, high touch advice and guidance we provide is Sequoia’s special sauce. It allows our prospects and clients to feel confident they are making the best investment decisions to achieve their strategic employee related goals. Sequoia’s platform and offerings unify our client’s employee experience of benefits, HR, retirement and insurance services.
You will be responsible for your organization’s strategic direction, operational execution and delivery against expected performance metrics. You will use your insight and imagination to identify ways to improve the impact of the analysis, optimize workflows, streamline processes, and deliver valuable insights, benchmarking and price quotes to Sequoia clients. You will partner closely with our sales team to define strategic objectives, evaluate options, and communicate your recommendations. You will also work closely with our Client Service teams to finalize requirements and seamlessly manage handoffs as clients move through their annual employee benefit lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, analytical expertise, cross-functional relationship building prowess, and strong operational execution. You will demonstrate extraordinary passion for delivering the best results for your internal and external clients and for building a scalable, high performing organization. Sequoia’s clients include many of the most well-known and fastest growing technology brands in the world, and they expect the highest level of professionalism, guidance, and value.
What You Get To Do
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key leaders to evolve the role that data plays in the business
- Define processes for scalability of operations to enable improved responsiveness and data insight
- Develop business intelligence presentations and templates for clients and internal teams
- Analyze, benchmark and recommend employee benefit options for clients that align to their strategic goals
- Identify analytical plans, methodology options and outputs for various stakeholders
- Meet with key internal and client stakeholders to gather requirements for potential benefit options
- Perform financial analyses, design employee contribution strategies and model benefits plan alternatives
- Design and present findings including benefit cost analysis, plan comparisons, and enrollment overviews
- Meet with our client’s financial and HR executives to discuss insights and recommendations
- Increase efficiency within your organization by identifying and executing improvement initiatives
- Seek out opportunities to drive innovation through data with the development and introduction of new offerings
- Hire, ramp, and manage performance to drive employee development and maximize team retention
- Build, develop, and retain a high performing team that delivers positive contributions to the company
- Minimal travel: Visit Sequoia offices in Phoenix and New York City
- 10+ years of experience working in analytics or business intelligence
- 5+ year of experience managing teams
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated success leading in entrepreneurial business operations experiencing high growth
- Strong communication and collaboration skills plus ability to work with both technical & business stakeholders
- Experience hiring and developing a team of high performing, passionate professionals and managers
- Strong project, program, and process management skills
- Ability to translate findings/results into clear, actionable and executable insights
- Experience with Cloud Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions such as Periscope, Looker, Domo
- Experience building business- centric data visualizations using tools such as Chart.io, Sisense,Tableau, etc.
- Experience with statistical modeling, hypothesis testing, and common analytical frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, R, or SAS is valuable
- Health care, employee benefits or HR related experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Data Science or equivalent preferred
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.