IT Systems Engineer
San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – IT & Security /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
As the IT Systems Engineer at Sequoia, you will manage the IT Infrastructure technology stack, help with the ticket queue for Tier 3 support, perform IT operations and manage systems administration for our growing company. You will have the opportunity to lead challenging projects and deployment of various technologies. This position will report to the Director, Global Security and IT.
What You Get To Do
- Manage and deliver projects to help Sequoia grow and scale
- Hands-on management of Microsoft Domain services including but not limited to AD Domain Services, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, and Certificate Services as well as O365 administration
- Execute server updates, service packs, firmware, bios and antivirus (AV) updates, ensuring the execution creates no or minimal downtime to the business operations
- Manage policy and patching on Windows and Mac machines through MDM, RMM, and Group Policy
- Provide support of network infrastructure (firewalls, switches, wireless) and cloud-based telephone systems and take appropriate action to correct issues
- Hands-on support for network and server hardware including PKI infrastructure
- Address system vulnerabilities & system monitoring alerts
- Address security alerts & mitigate the risks
- Help with automation of IT operations
- Bachelor’s degree required (BS in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in an IT support role
- Strong knowledge and Eexperience with Active Directory, Windows servers, Office365, SharePoint, Office Suite (Lenovo and Macs), AWS and Azure
- Understanding of various protocols, TCP/IP, HTTP(S), SSL, WWW, JMS, FTP, Telnet, DNS, DHCP, VNC, RDP, NAT, SMTP
- Knowledgeable in IT security domains including user directories, single sign-on (Okta), MDM (Airwatch) and encryption
- Experience with CloudAlly, Patch Management / Build Processes
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts to extract information, automate routine tasks, and configure settings
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, HP Hardware Support, MCSE, or other relevant certifications preferred
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.