Professional Services and Operations Leader
San Mateo, CA
As our Professional Services and Operations Leader, you will have the rare opportunity to evolve our benefits administration system implementation and technical support service into an HRIS/HCM professional services practice and corporate PMO aligned with Sequoia’s commitment to our people-first clients.
Leveraging our existing client service operations team and processes, you will advance it to be a highly efficient, predictable, and repeatable technology service delivery model for mid-size and large-enterprise clients. Our solution unifies our client’s employee experience of benefits, HR, retirement, and insurance services through our Sequoia Platform.
You will also lead the charge in building our corporate project and program management PMO, delivering a centralized management structure for projects across Sequoia, ensuring standardization through frameworks, methodologies, tools and techniques, and training through Sequoia University.
This is a key senior leadership role and requires a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, business, technical and customer facing skills leveraging your previous operational and enterprise professional services experience, strong communication/written skills, relationship building prowess, and conflict management expertise.
What You Get To Do
- Define technical professional service offerings and manage the team implementing our solutions ensuring all projects are scoped and staffed properly, delivered on time, and within budget aligned to client expectations and desired outcomes
- Deliver implementation, onboarding, integration, consulting, and ongoing technical services to help customers realize the full potential of the Sequoia Platform
- Manage, coach, and mentor existing team of client-facing technical project consultants who are passionate about service and client success
- Hire and onboard new team members
- Build an efficient and repeatable services delivery model including the process, systems, and technology required for successful customer deployment and ongoing usage
- Work closely with our sales consultants to build customer confidence in the Professional Services value proposition
- Develop, track, manage, and continuously optimize key metrics such as utilization, billability, NPS, profitability, attach rate, margins and revenue based on company goals and objectives
- Minimal travel: CA and NY
- BA/BS degree or equivalent desired skills/experience
- 7+ years of experience in professional services, management consulting, or customer success
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with technical, business, and C-level stakeholders
- Experienced change agent with ability to drive process improvement within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven success as a professional services leader that has led SaaS deployments in small, mid, and large size companies
- Record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted and successful customers
- Strong program, project, and process management skills; preferably project management certified
- Technical background in SaaS integrations, APIs, and customization
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and persuasive, with a warm and nurturing personality
- Data-driven, superb organization skills, and attention to detail
- Experience working with ERP, HRIS, and/or benefit admin solutions is a strong plus
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.