Tempe, AZ /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Finance /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What does the job entail?
The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in providing support to the Finance team in Accounts Payable and Expense reporting processes, corporate credit cards, and other finance initiatives. This includes performing accounting tasks related to the efficient maintenance, processing, and scaling of accounts payable transactions. You will work to ensure best practices around all expense and vendor operations, all while maintaining company expense policies. This hands-on and seasoned professional drives day-to-day processes forward, in accordance with high performance standards, as well as support the implementation and improvement of new and existing business processes.
What You'll Do
- Assist with processing invoices in Concur, including identifying discrepancies and resolving billing issues, reviewing contracts for vendor payment terms, and ensuring accuracy in NetSuite
- Works closely with Concur Support to resolve any issues related to invoice or expense report processing
- Partner with the finance team on making enhancements to Concur and Netsuite to enhance financial reporting
- Audit and process the Corporate Credit Card
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Preparation of weekly Accounts Payable Reporting
- Maintain cash flows forecasts related to the vendor obligations of the company
- Vendor management including setting up vendors and reviewing for all required documentation
- 1099 preparation and filing
- Assist in the preparation and filing of annual 5500 reports
- Partner with all company departments and external auditors on the Company’s annual SOC-1 reports
- Lead month end close related to the timing and accuracy of all expense transactions
- Participate in Finance Team and cross-departmental projects as needed
- Maintain and recommend the Company’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures, and internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing)
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Finance/Accounting required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment
- History of successfully implementing/integrating systems, policies and protocols
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including high proficiency with Excel
- Hands-on, team player who possesses a can-do attitude
- Self-starter with ambition to see initiatives through
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead project teams
- Experience with NetSuite, Concur and SalesForce is highly desirable
What Success Looks Like in the First 3 Months
- You have learned and understand the Sequoia Finance Accounts Payable and 5500 processes.
- You have become proficient with the Finance systems, in particular Netsuite and Concur.
- You have immersed yourself into the Sequoia culture and understand our Sequoia Fit attributes and core values.
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.