VP, Professional Services
San Mateo, CA
Sequoia is looking for an innovative, action-oriented, and results-driven VP, Professional Services who can grow a fast-paced organization to deliver high value implementations, integrations, and training solutions to our clients. You will have the exciting opportunity to evolve our benefits administration and technical support service offerings into an HRIS/HCM professional services and education practice that aligns with Sequoia’s commitment to people-first clients.
Your teams will provide implementation project leadership, technical integration expertise, best practice training and guidance, and outstanding client service responsiveness to new and existing clients. Leveraging our existing client operations team and processes, you will evolve our delivery model to offer highly efficient, predictable, and repeatable service solutions for smaller, mid-size and large enterprise clients. Sequoia’s platform and offerings unify our client’s employee experience of benefits, HR, retirement and insurance services.
As a senior member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for your organization’s strategic direction, operational execution and delivery against expected performance metrics. You will use your insight and imagination to identify ways to expand the service offerings, optimize the workflows, streamline processes, and accelerate time to value for Sequoia clients. You will partner closely with our sales team to define service offerings, set client expectations, and sell the appropriate solutions. You will also work closely with our Client Service teams to finalize requirements and seamlessly manage handoffs as clients move through their annual lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, consulting expertise, relationship building prowess, and strong operational execution. You will demonstrate extraordinary passion for delivering the best results for your clients and for building a scalable, high performing organization. Sequoia’s clients include many of the most well-known and fastest growing technology brands in the world, and they expect the highest level of professionalism, guidance, and value.
What You Get To Do
- Define Sequoia’s professional service offerings and manage the operational delivery organizations
- Deliver implementation, integration, & ongoing consulting to help clients realize value from Sequoia’s platform
- Ensure all projects are scoped properly, delivered on-time and on-budget, and aligned to client expectations
- Manage, coach, and mentor team of managers, direct reports, and partners to deliver world-class services
- Ensure the consistent application of Sequoia methodologies across all projects and client interactions
- Optimize project staffing and utilization to balance client needs, internal constraints, and staffing efficiency
- Build an efficient and repeatable client delivery model that successfully supports deployment and ongoing usage
- Work closely with our sales consultants to build client confidence in the Professional Services value proposition
- Track, manage, and continuously optimize client and process KPIs based on company goals and objectives
- Hire, ramp, and manage performance to drive employee development and maximize team retention
- Build, develop, and retain a high performing team that delivers positive contributions to the company
- Serve as an executive escalation point for clients and partner with other groups to resolve issues
- Minimal travel: Arizona and New York
- 7+ years of experience in professional services, management consulting, or customer success leadership
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with technical, business, and C-level stakeholders
- Experienced change agent with ability to drive process improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Success as a PS leader that has led high velocity SaaS deployments in small, mid, & large size clients
- Record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted and successful customers
- Strong project, program, and process management skills
- Experience hiring and developing a team of high performing, passionate professionals and managers
- Technical background in SaaS integrations, APIs, and customization
- Strong communication and collaboration skills plus ability to work with both technical & business stakeholders
- Self-motivated and persuasive with a warm and nurturing personality
- Data-driven, superb organization skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working with ERP, HRIS, and/or benefit admin solutions is a strong plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent desired skills/experience
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.