San Mateo, CA
Sequoia Consulting Group – Finance
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
A new opportunity at Sequoia:
We’ve come a long way since launching sequoia in May of 2001 with just a benefits services offering, one location and five employees. Now we have offices in 4 US locations, 1 global location and have big plans for the future. Our goal both then and now is to create a truly special company which cares of people and makes a significant positive impact in their lives.
What does the job entail?
The Accountant helps the Finance Team deliver on its goals by providing support for Sequoia’s internal payroll process and strategy. Also, this role will assist in providing support for Accounts Payable processing. This hands-on and seasoned professional drives day-to-day processes forward, in accordance with high performance standards, as well as support the implementation and improvement of new and existing business processes.
What you will do
- Assist payroll processing and accounting, assuring timely and compliant wages, bonus, and benefits payments to both salaried and hourly employees
- Maintain ADP system interface and own the preparation of all payroll related reports, including earnings, taxes, deductions, leaves, disability, nontaxable wages, and governmental and regulatory filings
- Manage payroll-related GL entries and reconciliations
- Administer daily benefits processing, including enrollments, terminations, COBRA, changes, and disability. Process required changes through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
- Answer specific employee questions on payroll, benefits, and leaves
- Oversee maintenance of employee personnel files
- Assist with processing invoices in Concur, including identifying discrepancies and resolving billing issues, reviewing contracts for vendor payment terms, and ensuring accuracy in NetSuite
- Audit and process the Corporate Credit Card
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Preparation of weekly Accounts Payable Reporting
- Participate in Finance Team and cross-departmental projects as needed
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Finance/Accounting required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Payroll/Accounting/Finance preferred
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment
- History of successfully implementing/integrating systems, policies and protocols
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including high proficiency with Excel
- Hands-on, team player who possesses a can-do attitude
- Self-starter with ambition to see initiatives through
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead project teams
- Experience with Salesforce, ADP, and Concur is highly desirable
What success looks like in the first 3 months:
- You have learned and understand the Sequoia Finance Payroll and Accounts Payable processes.
- You have become proficient with the Finance systems in particular ADP and Concur.
- You have immersed yourself into the Sequoia culture and understand our Sequoia Fit attributes and core values.
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan