Vice President of Product, Sequoia Canopy
San Mateo, CA
Sequoia Consulting Group – Operations
Sequoia has world-class service reputation that is enabled by the Sequoia Platform. The client facing touchpoints of the platform, which are mobile and desktop experiences, are fed through Sequoia’s proprietary service management product called Sequoia Canopy. Canopy is the foundation for bringing Sequoia’s lines of service together with the many different health and wellbeing programs so they can be managed by HR and consumed by their employees, when and where they need it.
Sequoia is looking for a product leader who can extend the vision and execute the next two stages of Canopy’s evolution. This is an opportunity to drive the platform that will be leveraged by the people at many of the world’s most exciting companies for many of the most important moments in their lives.
What You Get To Do
· Work closely with CEO and senior leadership team to refine and own the product vision & roadmap
· Own the success of the overall product vision and product portfolio
· Partner closely with the overall market facing teams across sales, client service and marketing to ensure rapid feedback
· Determine specifications and creates production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction
· Manage the overall timeline of agile product development and create a predictable, scalable product development process
· Be a culture ambassador where every person feels a sense of responsibility to the end-users for the work they are creating
· Work comfortably and effectively in a fast-moving environment and always be ready to roll up your sleeves and get into the work
· Collaborate with Product Marketing to ensure education, adoption, and feedback
Areas of Responsibility
· Lead and own the product road map for Canopy
· Define product requirements and work with Engineering to produce and launch
· Partner with C-Team on operational, service, and innovation needs of Canopy
· Partner with each service team leader to understand service lifecycles and workflow process and unlock opportunities for automation, usability, and productivity.
· Work with UI & UX design to create an intuitive and engaging experience
· Be the Sequoia champion for Canopy, educate the team on vision, features, and benefits.
· Experience creating products on the Salesforce platform that have been used by emerging companies and enterprise level clients
· Is a strategic thinker who can channel the end-user and has an opinion around how things can be improved to drive significant value for the customer
· Has strong understanding and experience optimizing business workflows and processes with software
· Has a strong understanding of the overall engineering and design requirements for building products
· Is an effective collaborator and makes great use of working with the Founder/CEO and business stakeholders
· Can work closely with key stakeholders and engineering to determine time vs. feature tradeoffs quickly
· Can establish good rapport with end-users as a product expert and work with them to aid discovery
· Can ideate and validate ideas by looking at data, talking to users, setting up tests, building prototypes, etc
· Is hands on, able to roll up their sleeves and get things done without a large, dedicated team
· Can lay out a roadmap and inspire & motivate the company and get everyone moving in the same direction
· Can create the product development process and execute it
· Has a passion for User Experiences that bring together beauty and practicality
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset:
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.