Director, Product Management
San Mateo, CA /
Sequoia Consulting Group – Technology /
At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What Does the Role Entail?
The Director, Product Management will join the Sequoia team at an exciting time as we continue to transform our industry. By working closely with the Chief Product Officer and other key members of the management team, the Director will be responsible for managing the employee-facing applications for our clients.
What You'll Do
- Drive Sequoia’s innovation from idea to launch, leading the effort cross-functionally through marketing, engineering, sales, and client services
- Lead the organization’s products and services through change, evolution, and sustained growth
- Establish and maintain external partner collaboration relationships
- New media marketing strategy and execution
- Product launch coordination, monitoring, and adoption
- Develop and monitor key product KPI’s
- Collaborate with marketing team on sales enablement and internal training
- Collaborate with marketing team on client marketing and adoption strategies
- Lead product development for new products and features
- Collaborate with peers in design and software engineering
- Document requirements for features, product requests, and technical specifications
- Be autonomous and drive clarity
- Oversee communication of strategy and product roadmap
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working experience in healthcare, insurance, or financial services desired
- Experience working on a consumer or employee-facing application
- Strong mathematical and logic skills
- 7+ years of working experience including at least 5 years product development or management experience required.
- Proactive and performance/metric driven
- Can give successful end to end product development & project management experience examples
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing and training
- Empathy for customers and deep understanding of the target markets
- Strong analytical, data-driven decision making, and problem solving skill sets
- Organized and demonstrate attention to detail
- Outstanding influencing, communication, and presentation skills. Public speaking experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial work environment
- An analytical and innovative mindset offering creative concepts and ideas
- The ability to develop effective working relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team effectively
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.