Network Engineer I
At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we enable and transform businesses using technology. Through our hybrid cloud solutions and expertise, SCTG offers public cloud guidance, strategy, management, and application development in addition to core managed data center, private cloud, and managed IT services. SCTG is unique in its designation as an Equinix Gold Partner, a Digital Realty Trust Gold Partner, a VMware Gold Partner, and an Amazon Web Services Advanced Consulting Partner, Managed Service Provider Partner, and Authorized Public Sector Partner.
- Respond to customer trouble reports and requests via telephone and trouble ticketing systems, using experience and judgment to escalate problems as needed.
- Provision customer interfaces and managed network hardware with close coordination with the customer.
- Monitor task workflow, customer communications and trouble ticket generation / escalation / resolution.
- Review reports of backbone circuit, transit provider, and customer routing / switching issues.
- Work with team members across multiple geographic locations and time zones to ensure thorough completion of tasks.
- Act as both an internal and external facing escalation point involving technical issues and network status.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot the ServerCentral network for stability and performance.
- Maintain and promote ServerCentral’s top-quality support and customer satisfaction.
- Create, modify, and improve documentation supporting the Service Desk and Managed Services teams.
- Propose, develop, and complete projects requisite with skill level.
- Adherence to Change Control process and participation in weekly on-call rotation.
- Experience in network troubleshooting/fault isolation, teamwork, and multitasking.
- Minimum of 1-year operational experience (Service Provider or Enterprise IT Campus/Datacenter).
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn, teach, and share knowledge.
- Operational experience with configuration & troubleshooting of cloud and hypervisor networking.
- Typical “internet application” comprehension: HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, etc.
Advanced Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of Juniper JUNOS.
- Operational experience with Juniper M/MX/T series routers and EX/QFX switches.
- Operational experience with routing protocols, including BGP and OSPF.
- Operational experience with networking protocols and standards including VRRP, LAG, LACP, VLANs, and port trunks.
- Operational experience with Cisco IOS.
- Operational experience with AWS basic networking concepts such as VPC, Security Groups, NACLs, and ALB/NLB.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting firewalls, network load balancers, IPSec tunnels, NAT, Layer 4/7 load balancing.
- Preferred vendors: Check Point, Juniper SRX, Fortinet, Radware, F5.
- Preferred Certifications: Juniper JNCIS-JUNOS, Juniper JNCIS-SP, JNCIS-ENT.
- Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Preferred Certifications: Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA), Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE).
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with employer match, free employee collocation or cloud account, monthly cell phone reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.