Cloud Architect I - DevOps
At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we enable and transform businesses using technology. Through our hybrid cloud solutions and expertise, SCTG offers public cloud guidance, strategy, management, and application development in addition to core managed data center, private cloud, and managed IT services. SCTG is unique in its designation as an Equinix Gold Partner, a Digital Realty Trust Gold Partner, a VMware Gold Partner, and an Amazon Web Services Advanced Consulting Partner, Managed Service Provider Partner, and Authorized Public Sector Partner.
We architect Cloud environments to our high standards with client end goals in mind. SCTG is centered around a core DevOps philosophy which enables us to provide solutions to businesses to help implement continuous integration, automate infrastructure provisioning and management, and do things pragmatically.
Position responsibilities and expectations:
- Design and oversight of client’s cloud environments with a focus on AWS and play a vital role in the design and implementation of production, staging and development cloud infrastructures running in managed 24x7 environments
- Development of customer cloud strategies aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on best practices aligned with our Managed Services offering
- Provide leadership in DevOps and Infrastructure-as-code methodologies and techniques including configuration management, change control and full repeatability
- Nurture cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive our core DevOps and cloud philosophies
- Assist with project timeline estimates and task assignments
- Develops and complies with the Change Control process and Architecture Standardization.
Technical Skills required:
- Expert in AWS cloud services such as EC2, CloudFront, Lambda, IAM, S3, etc.
- Strong understanding of cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs and recommendations
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS technologies (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Proficient with Configuration Management tools (Salt, Chef, Ansible)
- Comfortable with DevOps methodologies such as CI/CD, version control(git), full-stack repeatability
- 3+ years' experience in IT infrastructure architecture, or full stack development.
- 5+ years' experience with server Operating Systems (Linux, Windows Server)
- Able to view challenges and projects from a ‘bigger-picture’ perspective
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understands and can articulate the technical ideas to non-technical people
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect– Associate
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, Bring Your Own Device Policy with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.