At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we enable and transform businesses using technology. Through our hybrid cloud solutions and expertise, SCTG offers public cloud guidance, strategy, management, and application development in addition to core managed data center, private cloud, and managed IT services. SCTG is unique in its designation as an Equinix Gold Partner, a Digital Realty Trust Gold Partner, a VMware Gold Partner, and an Amazon Web Services Advanced Consulting Partner, Managed Service Provider Partner, and Authorized Public Sector Partner.
Sales Executives at SCTG will enjoy working for a growing company with a long-standing, impeccable reputation for getting the job done for clients. We live in a hybrid IT world and no single infrastructure meets the needs of all applications. Our sales executives have the opportunity to work with experienced solution architects and explore with each client their unique business drivers, applications, data classification, compliance and security needs, and availability targets to design solutions tailored to deliver results.
SCTG Sales Executives win by helping their clients succeed with solutions that fit them, rather than forcing clients into narrow solutions that fit us.
This is a full-time position, based in our Chicago loop office.
- Win new business and hit booking targets
- Secure, plan and execute high-quality sales calls to advance opportunities through sales stages
- Develop new opportunities through a variety of prospecting activities including networking, attending industry and partner events, participating in marketing campaigns, social selling, and leveraging a robust professional network
- Lead a team-selling approach to discover, diagnose and design solutions that solve customer problems and create new opportunities, establish credibility, and demonstrate capabilities
- Conduct product demonstrations in-person and via web conference and conduct data center tours
- Prepare and deliver professional and persuasive customer-centric presentations
- Collaborate with finance, legal and operations resources to understand and negotiate commercial terms and ensure timely and accurate provisioning of new services
- Maintain high-quality, accurate and timely CRM updates
- Proven success in identifying, developing and winning new IT services business
- Experience selling managed technology services to mid-market and enterprise clients
- Functional understanding of business concepts, ability to assess the business issues in a deal and make relevant technology recommendations
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of a sales methodology, sales process, value creation, territory management, and gaining widespread internal and customer support
- Skilled and deliberate meeting preparation
- An understanding of the markets and business value of colocation, managed services, cloud services, managed network services, IP transit, managed security services and solution areas like DRaaS, managed backup, load-balancing, firewalls, SAN, etc.
- Capacity to operate effectively in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities where speed is a competitive advantage and attention to detail is critical to customer success
- Keen interest and established knowledge of cloud computing services and the competitive landscape, and well-developed point of view on important commercial issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and able to prepare and deliver clear, accurate, and focused business proposals
- Minimum of 5 years selling IT services, BA or BS required
- Experience or certifications with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is a plus
Expertise - Candidates will need to demonstrate successful experience in the following areas:
- Phone and in-person selling skills
- Call planning
- Email, social and network prospecting
- Winning new business
- Defending margins / pricing
- Territory management / prioritization
- Negotiating commercial terms
- Business acumen – IT value drivers
- Capitalizing on marketing programs
- Leading an informal team through a sales effort
Expertise - Candidates will need to demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the following:
- VMware-based cloud solutions, multi and single tenant
- Hybrid cloud solutions
- Data storage
- Security technologies
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, etc)
- Disaster recovery as a service and managed backup
- Network technologies
- Compliance and regulatory issues
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, Bring Your Own Device Policy with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.