Sales Engineer – Cloud Focus
Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open States when Applying) /
At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we enable and transform businesses using technology. As a Managed Services Partner (MSP) we become one of our customers’ most trusted advisors for technology and innovation. We bring 20+ years of enterprise IT experience to each and every engagement —experience covering data centers, colocation, private cloud, public cloud, software development, DevOps consulting, network services and many more aspects of enterprise IT.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer – Cloud focus to work alongside our Sales Team to deliver stellar service and expertise to our current and prospective clients. Acting as a trusted advisor alongside our Sales and Technology teams, you will provide an invaluable experience. If you have demonstrated expertise with hyperscale cloud platforms (AWS preferred) and are excited to join a growing team in a customer-focused organization, this is the role for you!
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to develop and leverage organizational Data Center, Hyperscale Cloud, and Hybrid IT practices.
- Lead efforts to respond to RFPs.
- Listen to client problems / issues and work with Sales team to develop a viable solution that meets current and potential future needs.
- Identify, qualify, design, develop and present solutions based upon business requirements and restrictions.
- Craft strategic and technical responses for presentations, proposals, SOWs, and other complex engagements.
- Ensure SCTG solutions are accurately and completely scoped for our implementation team to deliver services
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on SCTG solutions and services.
- Develop and leverage key client relationships an executive level to earn trust and win business through a consultative selling approach.
- Keep current on industry standards and best practices related to our products and services
- Be able to serve as a mentor for team members on complex technical, sales process and training concerns.
- Develop cost-engineering and profitability models for large customer opportunities.
- Engage in and represent SCTG in public speaking opportunities to customers, prospects, conferences, and industry forums.
- Create supporting documentation or tools to facilitate and improve the sales process.
- Provide regular technical training for the sales team.
- Provide input, support, and essential “local knowledge” for implementation projects. Specifically covering, but not limited to the following technologies:
- Dedicated Servers
- Private Cloud
- Enterprise Cloud
- Network Connectivity
- Managed Services
- Back up Services
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Migration Services
- Service Level Agreements
- Remote Hands Capabilities
- An excellent candidate will be able to demonstrate mastery of the following subjects:
- Thorough understanding of hyperscale cloud platforms and services
- Network design with at least one hyperscale cloud platform provider
- Experience in designing and/or deploying public cloud infrastructure solutions
- Experience with cloud migration strategies and deployments
- System administration working knowledge/experience on both Linux and Windows
- Familiarity with Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions provided by using hyperscale cloud services
- Working knowledge with virtualization technologies: VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, or KVM
- Ability to create and run customer facing presentations
- Minimum 8 years in IT or IT consulting
- 3-4 years in ISP/Data Center/Managed Services or related industries providing technical sales support (Equivalent)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer facing sales experience
- Professional qualification or a degree in a technical discipline
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with employer match, free employee colocation or cloud account, Bring Your Own Device Policy, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
SCTG is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. SCTG is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.