Lead Azure Cloud Architect
Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open States when Applying) /
Tech Services /
At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we enable and transform businesses using technology. We strive to become one of our clients' most trusted advisors for technology and innovation. We bring 20+ years of enterprise IT experience to every engagement —experience covering data centers, colocation, private cloud, public cloud, software development, DevOps consulting, network services, and many more enterprise IT aspects.
Are you a Virtuoso of the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform? Do you strive to create something new and innovative? Is your passion for technology equal to your love for sharing innovations with others? Can you take a step back and understand the big picture? Are you committed to staying 'in' the technology and be hands-on? Come grow with us as we grow our Azure Cloud Consulting Practice!
As Lead Azure Cloud Architect, you will:
- Lead the design of client's cloud environments and play a vital role in the architecture, innovation, and delivery of production, staging, and development Azure cloud infrastructures running in managed 24x7 environments
- Top-tier technical point of escalation to the Cloud Engineers; resolving client issues, working in collaboration with partners across the organization
- Lead initiatives relating to architecture enhancements, incident management, process improvement, reporting, and internal knowledge transfer
- Develop new, and optimize existing consulting and design processes and standards
- Lead technical training efforts across the organization
- Lead identifying and gathering KPIs for client projects
- Develop and implement Change Control processes and Architecture Standardization.
- Provide masterful technical expertise, communicating with a wide range of internal and client stakeholders
- Drive collaboration with Sales Engineers and Business Consultants to build strong client relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers and Architects
- Leads the wholistic approach to analyzing client business and technical problems by ensuring all components
To become Lead Azure Cloud Architect, you'll need:
- 3+ years of hands-on Azure cloud design and engineering implementation experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technology experience with a focus on Cloud and Microsoft platforms
- Experience with high-availability and high-performance Microsoft-based systems
- Proficient in infrastructure-as-code languages such as ARM or Terraform
- Experience working in a containerized environment
- Customer support experience
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft PowerShell
- Passionate about technology and a desire to continually expand technical knowledge
- Detail-oriented in documenting information and processes
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage time in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Demonstrate proven design skills and the willingness and experience to work hands-on
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, Bring Your Own Device Policy with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
SCTG is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. SCTG is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.