Managed Services Manager
At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we enable and transform businesses using technology. Through our hybrid cloud solutions and expertise, SCTG offers public cloud guidance, strategy, management, and application development in addition to core managed data center, private cloud, and managed IT services. SCTG is unique in its designation as an Equinix Gold Partner, a Digital Realty Trust Gold Partner, a VMware Gold Partner, and an Amazon Web Services Advanced Consulting Partner, Managed Service Provider Partner, and Authorized Public Sector Partner.
We are seeking a hands-on Managed Services Manager with a passion for technology to join our Managed Services division to lead, manage, and develop the Network and Systems Engineering teams.
The Managed Services Manager is expected to bring projects to conclusion, including development of operating procedures, instruction and training, and required documentation. The Managed Services Manager also plays a crucial role in product research & development, ensuring orders are delivered on time with accuracy and precision, creating and refining operational procedures, and overseeing general day to day Managed Services operations.
The ideal candidate will have previous operations management experience, a natural talent for recognizing individual strengths & assembling a well-rounded team, and possess a sound understanding of the technologies that ServerCentral supports; cloud hosting, managed infrastructure, storage, networking, disaster recovery, and backup as a service. The ideal candidate, in general, leads via technical excellence, a meticulous eye for detail, and strong leadership capability.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and internal staff. Function as a management escalation point for Systems and Network Engineering staff
- Work in a hands-on capacity as needed to assist with service delivery or to provide technical support
- Monitor the effectiveness of the team and drive change as needed to improve and refine service delivery
- Ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover from the provisioning process to post-deployment support
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently implemented
- Ensure customer runbooks and technical product documentation for all managed services products meet quality standards and are up-to-date
- Lead by example and instill a high-performance culture with a focus on team work, service excellence, and ownership of customer issues
- Contribute proactively to new service development, implementing divisional strategy, and implementing change within the team as needed to ensure it can take on new service offerings
- Collaborate across multiple departments and management teams to deliver a cohesive support experience both in customer-facing and internal-facing engagements
- Ensure the Managed Services & Service Desk teams are skilled, trained, and developed to maintain ServerCentral’s standard for high touch support and customer engagement
- Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation, both, on and off hours as needed
- Adherence to Change Control process and ensuring Compliance requirements are met as an individual and by the team
- Create measurable performance indicators to ensure overall business objectives are met and department performance levels are maintained
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid technical understanding of a wide variety of Networking and Cloud technologies and solutions including:
- Linux Server (Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu), or Windows Server 2012/2016 networking, operation and troubleshooting
- Virtualization & Hypervisor operation, networking, and troubleshooting. VMware & AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of virtualization best practices and design principles for these platforms including experience with common backup & DR tools including but not limited to Veeam, Zerto, and VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Understanding of Public Cloud (AWS) core offerings such as EC2, S3, IAM and networking
- Understanding of networking concepts and technologies including IP Addressing (CIDR/Netmasks), VLANs, port trunks, and layer 3 routing (BGP, OSPF)
- General understanding of firewall operation including VPN tunnels and NAT
- Understanding of Load Balancer operation and concepts including SSL termination, Layer 4 switch, and Layer 7 switching
- Experience managing medium to large environments including hardware, software, virtualization, OS management, patch distribution, inventory/asset tracking, and network management is highly preferred. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in this area
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities and customer management skills
- Previous experience managing service delivery teams. Three years minimum
- Previous work in technical positions (Service Delivery, Managed Services, Hosting Provider preferred)
- Preferred Certification: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with employer match, free employee collocation, cell phone reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.