Senior Software Developer
At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we enable and transform businesses using technology.
Through our hybrid cloud solutions and expertise, SCTG offers public cloud guidance, strategy, management, and application development in addition to core managed data center, private cloud, and managed IT services. Our ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about hardware, software, networks and computers, but is always willing and excited to learn more.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing team!
We’re looking for a bright, self-starter to join our development team, working on both internal software systems and customer projects. You’ll be working with some of the most current technologies and building and supporting customers and services around Cloud (AWS), infrastructure as a service (Iaas), platform as a service (Paas), software defined networking, DevOps and others.
More importantly, you’ll be working with a passionate bunch of geeks who are the best in the industry. We have hundreds of loyal and very knowledgeable customers, both on the enterprise level and within the content provider space.
With a world class staff of people in all the technical fields we play in – networking, software development, provisioning monitoring, system administration, application architecture, physical deployment, datacenter design, power provisioning, and operations as well as support and customer care; ServerCentral is a one stop shop for any customer need.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent computer programming skills
- Knowledgeable in Python, PHP, Node.js
- Knowledgeable in both procedural, MVC and functional programing models
- Experience with Linux and AWS cloud services
- Excited about continuous integration & DevOps principles. Experience with one more CI tools.
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Ability to learn new programing languages and technologies
- Strong understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with UI/UX design and systems design
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with employer match, free employee collocation, cell phone reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.