Cloud Engineer II - AWS
Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open States when Applying) /
Tech Services /
Founded in Chicago, ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG) helps companies convert complexity into success with data center, network, cloud, and business continuity solutions. Our experienced technologists collaborate with such clients as Cars.com, Basecamp, FreshBooks, Metra, New Relic, SAP, Outbrain, CDW, and PicsArt as members of their team. As trusted technology advisors and implementers, we deliver on the promise of technology for you, your business, and the people who rely on it.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you!
Do you have extensive experience with the AWS Cloud Platform? Do you strive to build something new and innovative? Is your passion for technology equal to your love to share innovations with others? Are technical 'problems' challenges you will overcome? Come grow with us as we grow our AWS Cloud Consulting Practice!
As our AWS Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Build-out client's cloud environments and play a vital role in the implementation, deployment, and maintenance of production, staging, and development AWS cloud infrastructures running in managed 24x7 environments
- Technical point of escalation to the Support Engineering team; resolving client issues, working in collaboration with partners across the business, as required
- Assist in initiatives relating to system operational enhancements, incident management, process improvement, reporting, and internal knowledge transfer
- Assist in technical mentorship efforts across the organization
- Adhere to Change Control processes and Architecture Standardization.
- Provide technical expertise, communicating with a wide range of internal and client stakeholders
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers and Business Consultants to build strong client relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers and Architects
- Drives a wholistic approach to analyzing issues by ensuring all components (architecture, people, process, and technology) are identified and accounted for
To become our AWS Cloud Engineer, you'll need:
- 2-4 years of hands-on AWS cloud engineering and administration experience
- Proficient in infrastructure-as-code languages such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience working in a containerized environment
- Customer support experience
- Intermediate experience in automation and scripting languages (Python, Ansible, PowerShell, etc)
- Passionate about technology and a desire to continually expand technical knowledge
- Detail-oriented in documenting information and processes
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage time in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Demonstrate proven problem-solving skills and the willingness to take ownership of an issue
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences
- AWS Associate-level certification
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, Bring Your Own Device Policy with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
SCTG is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. SCTG is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.