Senior Software Engineer, Open Source tools
San Francisco/Remote /
We are Serverless Inc, the creators of the popular and synonymous open source framework for building Serverless applications.
In 2015, we created a project called the Serverless Framework. Our mission was to make serverless development easy. A community rallied behind the project, contributing to the open source core, offering their opinions, insights, and sharing their passion. Today, the Serverless Framework is the de facto standard for serverless application development and deployment, managing nearly one million deployments per month.
As the adoption of serverless has grown, so too have the needs of today’s serverless teams. In addition to tooling that simplifies the development of serverless applications, these teams need tools to simplify collaboration, operations, integrations and much more. To address these user needs we recently launched the Serverless Framework Enterprise.
As we embark on our next chapter, we are looking for seasoned developers to join our team. Our tight knit team is comprised of user focused, product minded technologists who are low on drama and high on performance. We are distributed by location but united in our purpose. We value accountability and fully own our successes and failures. Most importantly, we believe that people do their best work when empowered. If you are on a journey to find a team that crafts ingenious cutting edge solutions while having fun together, we are your destination.
As an Engineer focused on Open Source tools, you will be responsible for driving the future evolution of the Serverless Framework and other open source efforts. You’ll be working on software projects at different stages of maturity and mould them into compelling user-facing products with an engaged and active developer community. This ranges from identifying tooling opportunities, prototyping designs and implementing simple yet extensible integrations with 3rd party serverless technologies/services. Simply put, you will be relentlessly focusing on building best in class serverless application tools offering powerful developer experiences.
To excel in this role, you MUST be good at
- Looking beyond symptoms to assess and comprehend the core problems developers are trying to solve
- Understanding the impact of breaking changes on software users
- Building incremental solutions that are backward compatible
- Presenting complex ideas and approaches in simple communicable terms across engineering and management levels
- Rapidly Iterating on solutions and continuously delivering software with automated unit/integration tests
- Collaborating to fellow engineers and embodying development best practices
- Demonstrating flexibility and efficiency working with remote teams
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in actively supporting community-based feature development, bug fixing and release management
- Ability to produce high quality, tested code with a strong emphasis on automated tests
- Keen eye for simple and powerful developer user experiences
- Demonstrable ability to effectively create user-facing documentation for projects
- Expertise with cloud architectures based on public cloud services
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and security (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TLS etc)
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and continuous delivery practices
- Comfort with dynamic startup environments where change is constant and there is a need to be largely self-guided on complex problems
- Attention to detail and a high degree of individual ownership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
If you are excited by the aforementioned responsibilities and meet the above qualifications, send us your resume and LinkedIn profile along with a note on why you think you are a good fit for this role. We are committed to providing all applicants a timely response.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.