Senior UI & UX Designer
In 2015, we created a project called the Serverless Framework. Our mission was to make serverless development easy. A community rallied behind the project and the broader serverless movement, contributing to the open source core, offering their opinions and insights, and sharing their passion. Today, the Serverless Framework is the de facto standard for serverless deployments, managing nearly one million deployments per month.
As the adoption of serverless has grown, so too have the needs of today’s serverless teams. In addition to tooling that simplifies the development of serverless applications, these teams need tools to simplify operations. They need logs and metrics, they need team collaboration, they need ways to integrate with legacy systems, and so much more. To address these needs we recently launched the Serverless Platform.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to extend the simple and elegant user experience that fueled the adoption and growth of the Serverless Framework across all components of the Serverless Platform product line. Our tight knit team is comprised of user focused, product minded technologists who are low on drama and high on performance. We are distributed by location but united in our purpose. We value accountability and fully own our successes and failures. Most importantly, we believe that people do their best work when empowered. If you are on a journey to find a team that crafts ingenious cutting edge solutions while having fun together, we are your destination.
As the Senior UI/UX Designer you will be responsible for crafting a simple and elegant user experience for deploying and operating complex, serverless application architectures. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for open source, a strong background in building or using developer and/or operational tools, and is familiar with serverless and cloud technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Building page navigation buttons and search fields
- Developing UI mockups and prototypes
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhering to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Experience designing developer and/or operator tools
- Familiarity with AWS and other public cloud providers
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
If you think you are a fit for this role and want to join us on our mission, send us your resume, LinkedIn profile, GitHub (or whatever would best give us a sense of your background and interests), a link to your portfolio, and a note on why you think you are a good fit for this role.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.