Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are Serverless Inc, the creators of the popular and synonymous open source framework for building Serverless applications.
In 2015, we created a project called the Serverless Framework. Our mission was to make serverless development easy. A community rallied behind the project, contributing to the open source core, offering their opinions, insights, and sharing their passion. Today, the Serverless Framework is the de facto standard for serverless application development and deployment, managing nearly one million deployments per month.
As the adoption of serverless has grown, so too have the needs of today’s serverless teams. In addition to tooling that simplifies the development of serverless applications, these teams need tools to simplify collaboration, operations, integrations and much more. To address these user needs we recently launched the Serverless Framework Enterprise.
As we embark on our next chapter, we are looking for seasoned developers to join our team. Our tight knit team is comprised of user focused, product minded technologists who are low on drama and high on performance. We are distributed by location but united in our purpose. We value accountability and fully own our successes and failures. Most importantly, we believe that people do their best work when empowered. If you are on a journey to find a team that crafts ingenious cutting edge solutions while having fun together, we are your destination.
As a Full stack Engineer at Serverless, you will be using creative thinking & raw innovation to drive the development of web applications that serve as the centerpiece to the Serverless product story. You will be working closely with UX, Product and Growth teams to bring to market compelling greenfield features that are rapidly expanding and evolving. Most importantly, you will have end to end engineering ownership - Ideation, Development, Release, Production support and Enhancements.
Our ideal person is someone who can jump easily from a modern JS based UI to the back-end server code that powers it. Someone that can build a clean snappy interface that hides unnecessary complexity and is equally comfortable building/scaling the server-side code to support it. You have strong opinions but are not tied to a specific framework or technology. You can take wireframes or partially formed mockups from a product team and implement micro-services, data models and UI components that are performant and can scale.
To excel in this role, you MUST be good at
- Presenting complex ideas and approaches in simple communicable terms across engineering and management levels
- Proposing solution alternatives, analyzing tradeoffs and making high impact product and engineering decisions
- Balancing short-term execution with longer-term concerns
- Rapidly Iterating on solutions and continuously delivering software with automated unit/integration tests
- Collaborating to fellow engineers and embodying development best practices
- Demonstrating flexibility and efficiency working with remote teams
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in developing and supporting enterprise grade user facing web applications
- Strong expertise in building backend services and apis using Node JS
- Operational experience with web-scale infrastructure on Public cloud deployments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Heroku etc)
- Keen eye for UX that optimizes the customer journey
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and security (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TLS etc)
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and continuous integration
- Hands on experience executing fully automated continuous delivery practices
- Strong programming fundamentals and ability to produce high quality code
- Comfort with dynamic startup environments where change is constant and there is a need to be largely self-guided on complex problems
- Attention to detail and a high degree of individual ownership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
If you are excited by the aforementioned responsibilities and meet the above qualifications, send us your resume and LinkedIn profile along with a note on why you think you are a good fit for this role. We are committed to providing all applicants a timely response.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.