Senior Software Engineer - Backend - Tencent Serverless Framework
We are Serverless Inc, creators of the Serverless Framework, a popular open-source development tool for building serverless applications. Our mission is to make harnessing the creative potential of serverless cloud infrastructure easy and fun through user-friendly developer tools.
While adoption of the Serverless Framework has grown beyond our most extraordinary expectations, it’s still the beginning of the massive serverless technology trend. We believe serverless cloud infrastructure is the natural evolution of the cloud, and the future will provide developers with more serverless options than ever.
We’re now scaling to improve the Framework and offer several new development experiences for developers and organizations. We are distributed by location but united in our purpose. We value product-minded technologists and fully own our successes and failures. Most importantly, we believe that people do their best work when empowered. If you are on a journey to find a team that crafts ingenious cutting-edge solutions while having fun together, we are your destination.
Founded in 2016, Serverless Inc. is a Series B funded start-up, with a fully remote workforce since day one.
We’re making an exclusive edition of the Serverless Framework for the Chinese developer community, made in partnership with Tencent Cloud, titled “Tencent Serverless Framework”. Our goal is to help developers and organizations in China innovate rapidly with less overhead via serverless infrastructure and tools. We’re hiring senior software engineers to grow our Tencent Serverless Framework team and deliver world-class developer tools.
This role will focus on the powerful back-end behind Tencent Serverless Framework. Below are a handful of problems we’re trying to solve for our users which you will be working on.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Delivering easy, powerful and elegant developer tools
- Designing and scaling our own serverless architecture, which powers our product
- Enhancing developer team collaboration with cutting-edge developer workflows
- Integrating serverless architectures with other technologies
- Extensive experience with cloud services (e.g. Tencent, AWS), specifically services common to serverless architectures (Tencent Serverless Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, Tencent API Gateway, Tencent CAM, AWS IAM, etc.)
- Extensive experience building REST APIs, streaming data, and other common application architectures on the above services
- Extensive experience building REST APIs and other back-ends in the Node.js runtime
- Experience working within a distributed team and project management in Github
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Located in China
Attributes We Seek
Motivated foremost about serverless and making it accessible to all through world-class development tools.
Prioritizes the customer-facing experience above all else.
Unafraid of ambiguity, identifies what matters most and delivers, without waiting or apprehension.
Owns the goals, and more importantly, their results.
Doesn’t expect communication to happen but ensures it, with emphasis on excellent written communication.
Treats everyone inside and outside of our organization with dignity, and respects differences in perspectives, opinions, and experiences.