Director/Senior Product Manager, Serverless Platform
In 2015, we created a project called the Serverless Framework. Our mission was to make serverless development easy. A community rallied behind the project and the broader serverless movement, contributing to the open source core, offering their opinions and insights, and sharing their passion. Today, the Serverless Framework is the de facto standard for serverless deployments, managing nearly one million deployments per month.
As the adoption of serverless has grown, so too have the needs of today’s serverless teams. In addition to tooling that simplifies the development of serverless applications, these teams need tools to simplify operations. They need logs and metrics, they need team collaboration, they need ways to integrate with legacy systems, and so much more. To address these needs we recently launched the Serverless Platform.
Now we are looking for a seasoned product manager (or an experienced AWS user and serverless trailblazer who wants to turn their learnings into compelling solutions) to own the product management activities for the Serverless Platform. Our tight knit team is comprised of user focused, product minded technologists who are low on drama and high on performance. We are distributed by location but united in our purpose. We value accountability and fully own our successes and failures. Most importantly, we believe that people do their best work when empowered. If you are on a journey to find a team that crafts ingenious cutting edge solutions while having fun together, we are your destination.
As the Director/Senior Product Manager for the Serverless Platform you will be responsible for (i) articulating the product roadmap and (ii) driving tactical definition and execution of user stories and product releases. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for open source, a strong background in building or using developer and/or operational tools, and is familiar with serverless and cloud technologies.
You’ll be directly responsible for:
- Conducting market and competitive research
- Becoming an expert on our users and the challenges they face
- Defining a detailed product roadmap
- Authoring user stories
- Orchestrating product releases across product, engineering, growth, sales and our open source community
- Communicating project status to all stakeholders
- Defining and analyzing metrics that inform the success of the product line
- A track record of designing and delivering successful products and/or deep experience developing and operating serverless or cloud native applications
- Deep understanding of AWS and other public cloud provider services
- Experience with open-source and open-source communities
- Passionate about user experience
- Thrives when working within a small team of smart, hard-working, passionate and fun-loving people
If you think you are a fit for this role and want to join us on our mission, send us your resume, LinkedIn profile, GitHub (or whatever would best give us a sense of your background and interests) along with a note on why you think you are a good fit for this role.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.