Who we are: Serverless is a Series A (Lightspeed Ventures, Trinity Ventures) startup that is changing the way cloud software is built and deployed. Our software is used by tens of thousands of developers from companies like EA, Coca-Cola, Nordstrom, and Nike, to get their cloud applications to market faster. We’re a small, distributed team that is obsessed with delivering value to developers.
We've built one of the most popular pieces of open-source software in the world and in the process grown an extremely engaged and active developer community. As our company scales, the growth team is tasked with continuing to shepherd and add value to our community while also developing and executing the go-to-market strategy for our commercial products.
We've worked hard to build one of largest, and most passionate open-source developer communities in the world and now we're looking for a strong advocate to help scale our developer community to the next level. This role is an opportunity to deliver significant value to an incredible community that is still in the early days of it's evolution. You will build examples applications, industry specific use cases, POCs for new cases, and more to help educate developers of the power of serverless development. You will also create content, give talks, and take on any other program you deem necessary in order to get your message out to a wider audience.
Our entire team takes developer relations very seriously and speaks regularly. Here is a recent speaking engagement by Austen Collins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZPPjAv12KU
- Create content, code, presentations, and talks that add value to our community and that aligns with our company strategy and vision
- Own and implement programs that educate and generally add value to our developer community
- Advocate for our community internally and influence the product team with your insights
- Improve developer experience within our product and organization any way necessary
- Experience as a thought and community leader within a developer community, preferably one centered on open-source or public cloud infrastructure
- Background as a software developer, this role will involve coding
- Familiarity with public cloud providers, particularly AWS
- Knack for distilling complex information and scenarios into easy-to-follow instructions and examples
- Deep understanding of open-source development and communities (ideally involved in the Serverless Framework project)
- Strong intuition for good develop experience, ability to empathize with developers
- Strong communicator, you will be a persuasive thought-leader with strong opinions
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.