General Manager - Big Box Retailer (Confidential)
Sesame is the home for Americans who have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are burdened by high-deductible insurance or uninsured, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. Doctors and providers on our platform share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system.
We have raised $75 million in capital from leading investors including GV and General Catalyst, and we continue to invest in scaling our marketplace!
About the job
We are seeking a strategic, high-performing General Manager (GM) to oversee our partnership with Big Box Retailer (Confidential). This executive-level role will work closely with senior leadership, marketing, and sales teams to ensure the development and execution of a comprehensive go-to-market (GTM) strategy for Big Box Retailer.
The GM will be pivotal in leading our efforts to optimize our presence and maximize our impact in Big Box Retailer's nationwide locations. If you have a proven track record of strategic planning, team leadership, and high-level negotiation skills, we want to hear from you!
- Develop and implement a compelling GTM strategy for Sesame's presence in Big Box Retailer, including product positioning, channel strategies, and customer segmentation.
- Lead negotiations and manage relationships with Big Box Retailer's key stakeholders to ensure alignment and successful execution of the GTM strategy.
- Coordinate with internal teams (including Product, Marketing, Sales, and Operations) to ensure the successful launch and sustainable growth of Sesame's services in Big Box Retailer.
- Analyze market trends and customer insights to inform strategic decisions and drive growth.
- Create and manage budgets and forecasts related to Big Box Retailer's operations and marketing efforts.
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for our operation around Big Box Retailer, continuously optimizing and improving the business unit's performance.
- Champion the Sesame brand within Big Box Retailer and ensure brand guidelines are followed across all channels.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in strategic planning, sales, or marketing, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Previous experience managing GTM strategies in a retail or healthcare setting, preferably in a high-growth environment.
- Strong understanding of the specific Big Box Retailer's ecosystem is a plus (partner name will be shared during interview)
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and lead teams effectively.
- Proven experience with budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas clearly and persuasively.
What we offer
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- A fun and international work environment with colleagues in New York, Europe, Miami, and Boston
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world!
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company — we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.