We’re Sesame and we’re building a transformative and unique health care services marketplace that makes it easier and affordable for uninsured and underinsured Americans to access high-quality health care.
We believe everyone should be able to get high-quality care for a fair price. That’s why we’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and rip-offs of the current health care system. We launched in Kansas City in 2019, have extended our service to Wichita and Oklahoma City, and have ambitious expansion plans for 2020. We were very active through the COVID-19 crisis and launched a telemedicine platform for video appointments. Check us out at https://sesamecare.com/.
Sesame has 40 employees, and we’re growing fast. In this past year, we’ve raised in excess of $25 million, including $19m in a recent round led by General Catalyst.
Engineering at Sesame
Want to help? Join our team! We are growing and looking for experienced front-end engineers. There's a huge amount still to build and the company is young and growing fast 🚀
Our FE stack includes:
- GraphQL (Apollo stack)
On the backend we primarily use Java microservices running Spring Boot & Java 10, with some Node peppered in here and there. You won't be expected to do any backend work unless you want to learn.
Traits we look for:
- Comfortable with the front-end portion our tech stack
- You seek and prefer simple solutions to complex problems.
- You strive to write clean, quality code and enjoy doing it.
- You maintain a healthy balance between perfectionism and actually getting stuff done.
- You either have experience with the technologies we currently use–or a strong interest in them–and the curiosity to learn new languages and frameworks
- You love developing software. You have 3+ years of industry experience.
- You are a strong team player, have strong writing skills, and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You are attuned to the fundamentals of user design and user experience for a consumer product
Working with us means you will be challenged every day by our customers, our partners, and your peers. You can be yourself, speak freely, be trusted and respected. We are an organization that values radical candor and believe that product-defining ideas can come from anywhere.
We also offer:
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity.
- Generous, flexible vacation policy.
- A fun and international work environment with teams in New York and Europe (Berlin, Germany).
- The opportunity to work independently and occasionally remotely.
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world.
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.