Senior Data Engineer
We’re Sesame and we’re building a transformative platform that makes it easier and more affordable for all Americans to access high-quality health care. We believe everyone should be able to get great care for a fair price. That’s why we’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and rip-offs of the current healthcare system.
As our first data engineering hire, you will be a critical member of Sesame's team.
Who you are
- You're an experienced data engineer who can hit the ground running
- You've probably come from a solid background of building backend systems - microservices and the data challenges they bring won't surprise you.
- You have solid experience with business intelligence systems, data pipelines and database management
- You can work cross-functionally and help build a culture of open communication and collaboration
- You are someone who takes complete ownership of their work and evangelizes best practices.
- You are passionate about growing and developing the team, and excited to promote an insights-driven data culture
What you’ll be doing
- From ETL creation to maintenance, reporting to the Chief architect you will set the foundation of our data infrastructure.
- You will ensure data quality and consistency.
- You will make sure we have access to all of our relevant KPIs
- You will develop all necessary automated reports for teams to perform and be the go-to person for any data question
- You will partner with product to drive requirements for new features and integrate data during product development
- Previous experience setting up data infra
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Fluency with SQL + analytics packages.
- Combination of deep technical skills/computer science, communication skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines
- Experience with creating/maintaining data pipelines with Snowflake a big plus.
- Experience with integrating enterprise data visualization tools e.g Looker is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package including equity
- 30 days paid vacation.
- A fun and international work environment with teams in New York and Berlin
- The opportunity to work independently— whatever cadence makes sense to get work done in the best way according to the constraints at-hand
- The opportunity to create and own something completely from scratch.
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world
How to apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company — we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.