New York /
We’re Sesame and we’re building a transformative platform that makes it easier and more affordable for all Americans to access high-quality health care. We believe everyone should be able to get great care for a fair price. That’s why we’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and rip-offs of the current health care system.
And this is where you come in. We're looking for several hands-on mid- to senior-level product designers to join us.
This person would be simultaneously obsessed with details and making work who can bring our story to life through collaborative work while being mindful of our value proposition and brand identity — both current and future state. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in digital design with a passion for user experience — including but not limited to design systems, testing, micro animations, screen interactions, and a serious case of the feels (read: empathy). In this role, you’ll work with a wide variety of folks at our early stage startup to tackle any and all aspects of the design process from user research to prototyping as well as the fit and polish of the final product, iterating all along the way. Sometimes — most times — we’ll need to move fast and other times, we'll be able to take our time and get the pixels exactly right but we'll always want to be thoughtful and intentional about the work that gets shipped.
At Sesame, we are looking for designers who want to tell powerful stories about humans — patients and doctors among others. We encourage you to bring your unique style and visual voice to everything that we'll make because you’ll be one of the chief advocates for exceptionalism in design within an organization that understands the ground floor importance. "That's not my job" isn't something you'll hear around our office. We have a fairly flat organization and truly value a “yes and…” attitude along with a roll up your sleeves mentality.
We work hard, that's for sure, but we also intentionally make time for ourselves to pause, create, and connect. We encourage bringing our whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy as well as support in our career growth.
- 4-6 years design experience, more digital than print
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-centered design, new media, or an equivalent amount of study
- Previous work in experience design, service design, systematic design, concept ideation, design strategy, branding — having worked in design systems a plus — and understanding or willing to learn how to design for a two-sided market
- Communication skills — you have strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills and you understand the paradigm of desirability, feasibility, and viability
- Significant work in experience design — including fluency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe software (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere)
- Bonus points for design work across a variety of other disciplines — motion, video, print, illustration, etc.
How to apply
- Submit your LinkedIn or resume
- Send along your portfolio — or link to a portfolio — which should include at least three (3) examples of work-related projects; in particular, we want to thoughtfully hear about the process involved in developing the design or project; there may be a design problem presented as part of the interview process
- Working with us means you will be challenged every day by our customers, our partners, and your peers
- You can be yourself, speak freely, be trusted and respected
- This position is being scoped flexibly — freelance to start, then contract or full-time role
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package — equity possible
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- A fun and international work environment with teams in New York and Europe
- The opportunity to work independently and occasionally remotely — whatever cadence makes sense to get work done in the best way according to the constraints at-hand
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company — we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.