Paid Internship - Multiple Locations
Washington, District of Columbia
Seth Moulton for America, Inc. – All Departments
Seth Moulton for America is a tight-knit, hardworking team driven by a commitment to service and changing
the country. And we’re looking for creative, kind, and mission-oriented folks to join us.
Our campaign is built around six core values: courage, empathy, authenticity, action, transparency, and
growth. Those are the same six values that Seth’s teams have been built around since he was first elected to
Congress, and we try to live up to them in everything we do--from our internal culture to our communications to our interactions with voters in the field.
Our internship provides people with the unique opportunity to develop professional and personal skills, specifically in the world of campaigning. The opportunities are mainly in Boston, MA and Washington, D.C. however, for the Political & Early States department, there are opportunities in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada and Iowa.
Interns and Fellows will be involved in the day-to-day tasks of a political campaign and while the needs of each department may differ, the unique vantage point of working on a campaign promotes growth in several areas such as critical thinking, research, organization, workplace decorum, acquisition of skills and knowledge of how political campaigns operate, and more. The exposure to a wide variety of information and hands-on opportunity allows for the fellow to make an impact and learn a significant amount.
For the paid internship, you will be asked to work no more than 29 hours per week and will be paid approx. $1500 a month for two months but you can extend for additional months.
The applicant will indicate their area(s) of interest to be best matched with a department within the organization. The applicant (if accepted) will have the opportunity to work closely with said department. The options can be found below.
Who Are We Looking For:
- This opportunity is open to all levels, for individuals who are highly motivated and have a passion for our mission. For some, this opportunity will serve as a chance to augment their academic studies while others will use this to explore a new interest in the political field. Experiences in the field can be both challenging and exciting. We are looking for interns and fellows that are particularly energized to learn and hard-working individuals who can work individually and in team settings.
Department Options & Information
- Digital: Responsible for developing and executing the digital plan/strategy
- Communications & Policy: Managing media relationships, communication strategies and plans policy proposals
- Political & Early States: *based in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Iowa* On the ground, represents people we have on the groundVisibility: organizing house parties, events, and speaking opportunitiesRelationships with other elective official, state parties
- Operations: Wide range of services to support the ins and outs of the organization including: Budget, HR, Legal, Compliance, Campaign tools and materials, Internal systems, and much more.
- Advance: Scheduling, Support, Set-up and Event Management
- Finance: Raises and manages the fundraising strategy for the campaign
Seth Moulton for America is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The campaign does not tolerate discrimination, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all campaign facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital or familial status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law).