Operations Associate, Pricing
City Teams – San Francisco Team
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
Setter is making home improvement and maintenance effortless.
Operations Associates are critical in delivering the Setter experience to our customers. Our Operations team is responsible for managing home improvement and maintenance projects from end to end on behalf of our clients. As an Operations Associate, you'll own individual clients and their projects, ensuring we understand their needs, build appropriate project scopes, convey to clients that they can trust us with their homes, and coordinate logistics in a rapidly moving environment.
The role requires a unique combination of skills: customer centricity, detailed organization, the ability to build rapport through written and verbal communication, and the skill to manage multiple stakeholders. We have a culture of continuous improvement, so you'll be asked to take a critical eye towards the way we work, and challenge the status quo wherever you find opportunities for improvement.
We operate as a tightly knit SWAT team. Each member is expected to take ownership and responsibility for their work, but we're here to support one another when things get thorny. We take pride in the work we do, and we refuse to quit in the face of adversity.
Homeowners are (rightly so) protective of their homes and it requires a unique touch to ensure that our clients feel valued and fairly treated while also ensuring that we properly respect the Pros that are the face of Setter in the home.
As an Operations Associate you will be responsible for:
- Owning home improvement and maintenance projects from end to end
- Communicating with clients to discover their underlying needs behind their home service requests
- Designing and pricing appropriate project scopes for client needs
- Coordinating with Pros to find the right service provider for our client's needs
- Managing project logistics between Pros and clients
- Ensuring that Pros are properly prepared for jobs. Sometimes small details can mean the difference between a 2 and 5 star experience, and this job requires an intense attention to detail
- Communicating both in app (text) and often on the phone
- Going over and above for our clients and Pros to let them know that we care (Ex: sending gifts or cards)
What you'll bring to the team:
- A background in client operations (e.g., sales, customer service, customer success, field operations management, or service delivery)
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and going above and beyond
- Experience managing and coordinating projects or initiatives
- A startup mindset - the ability to move fast in the face of uncertainty
- Intense ownership - you're never comfortable passing something off as "someone else's problem"
- Passion for sales and hitting / exceeding sales targets
- Familiarity with home improvement, home maintenance, or a level of comfort working with tradespeople is considered an asset
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.