Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
BE A SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SETTER
We are looking for smart and ambitious software engineers to help us build out our vision for cities of the future. You will be responsible for executing on initiatives designed to move the needle on key business goals via innovative solutions and highly-scalable, performant code. You’ll partner with colleagues in design and product management to help in the development of a fast-growing product that is reshaping the way people interact with their urban environment. We’re a high impact team with an ambitious mission and are looking for high caliber people to join us!
- Be accountable for the delivery of engineering solutions across all layers of our tech stack - from implementing SQL optimizations one day, to contributing to the UX / UI of our React Native app another day.
- Your preference is obviously taken into account, and the bulk of your work will reside in the “layer” that you prefer to work on most
- Dive into technical discussions to help us decide how, and with which technologies, to solve complex problems.
- Help make Setter a technology industry leader by upholding the highest standards for integrity and quality, while keeping pragmatism in mind.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- You have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to learn and understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise
- Experience with building product features and infrastructure improvements where the impact is measured through AB Testing
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation.
- You focus on customer happiness and see technologies (whether programming languages, frameworks, databases, etc.) as a means to an end.
- You have strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth of a product
- You are passionate about application scalability, availability, reliability, and security
- Interested in building experience in building and maintaining complex software systems
- A team player who looks out for the group’s best interest, and keeps their ego in check
YOU WILL WOW US IF YOU HAVE
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 5+ years of development experience in at least one of these languages Java, Scala, or C#
- Knowledgeable about API design and implementation
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineering and non-engineering teams
- BS in Computer Science or related field
YOU WILL REALLY WOW US IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with GraphQL
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.