Field Home Manager
Customer Operations – Home Management
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
Setter is a home maintenance app that gives homeowners access to the best home service possible. As a Setter Field Home Manager, you’ll spend roughly half of your time visiting jobs sites across the GTA, acting as the face of Setter for both our Tradespeople and Homeowners and the remaining half of your time performing in home installations and light contracting jobs for our clients.
Your performance is vital to the success of our company. You are on the front line, achieving our company goals of superior Homeowner satisfaction.
Some responsibilities may include performance or supervision of the following:
- 50% Onsite Visits, where you will be expected to...
- Visit, review & photograph ongoing or finished jobs (roofing, landscaping, minor renovations, large painting jobs, HVAC work, etc.)
- Speak to onsite contractors, ensure jobs are being completed on time and up to standards. Identify potential escalation issues and new job opportunities to the Setter home office
- Speak to our Homeowner to ensure satisfaction, resolve conflicts, clarify questions and generally put them at ease as well as identifying potential areas for escalation
- 50% Installations, inspections and rough and finished carpentry work, including...
- Systems operational inspection of appliances, AC, furnaces, plumbing etc
- Exterior camera installations, light fixture change, replacing filters, smoke detectors etc
- Inspect for evidence of rodents/vermin, water damage, etc
- Help to diagnose issues reported by the Homeowner to Setter and identify next steps/trades to be involved
What we're looking for:
- Positive attitude, highly-motivated with a desire to learn
- Someone who takes customer service seriously and strives for excellence when making Homeowners happy
- Ability to speak with confidence to tradespeople and ensure that jobs are performed up to Setter’s standards
What we expect you to bring to the table:
- Basic knowledge of all construction trades with with the ability to perform both rough and finished carpentry work as well as all other above noted jobs
- Provide your own full set of hand tools
- Provide your own vehicle
- Ability to use a smartphone, text, calendar apps
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Self-awareness of technical skills
- Clean background check
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Partial cell phone coverage
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.