Senior Technical Recruiter
People Operations – People
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
We’re seeking a Technical Recruiter to help us find and attract the best talent so we can continue our mission of making home improvement and maintenance effortless. We’re growing at a rapid pace, and we need to ensure we have the right talent in the right roles at the right time to keep us on our upward trajectory! As the Technical Recruiter you will be the right hand to the CTO and will be the face of Setter across technical networks and events.
You’ll own and manage our engineering candidate pipelines. This role requires a unique combination of skills: it involves great sales prowess to pitch our brand to potential candidates, first-class organizational skills to keep all candidates moving through the pipeline at top speed, outstanding communication chops, and the ability to support and manage various stakeholders in our business.
Individuals who would be successful in this role come with 4+ years of experience within a startup or as part of a recruitment agency hiring Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineering Managers, DevOps Engineers and more. You are confident speaking the technical language and have worked on positions similar to our technical stack (i.e. GCP, React, Node.JS, Typescript, Selenium, Docker, Kubernetes etc.). You have existing network of deep relationships whereas people reach out to you before they turn to the job market.
Working for a dynamic, scrappy startup excites you and you are not afraid of dealing with the ebbs and flows that come with it. You are driven by things like employer brand, your own brand, candidate experience, and world-class recruitment processes.
You will be expected to:
- Contribute to and execute a strategy to build a pipeline of technical talent;
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process from initial application to offer for all open roles in our business;
- Source talent through various recruiting channels, using your creativity and ingenuity to seek out top applicants, including leveraging your own network to reach the right candidate;
- Employ a multi-channel approach towards candidate sourcing (i.e. creative & social sourcing, online and offline events, meetups, job fairs, direct sourcing);
- Coordinate screens and interview applicants, acting with a high sense of urgency to move them through our pipeline efficiently while providing them with the best experience possible;
- Assess candidates through screens and in-person interviews, masterfully determining whether an applicant has the right technical qualifications and embodies the values that set the foundation for our company culture;
- Liaise with candidates promptly, keeping our bar for candidate experience as high as we keep our bar for client service;
- Manage our ATS (Lever), keeping all candidate information accurate and up to date;
- Support our Hiring Managers by identifying their needs and seeking out the best talent, while also holding them accountable to supporting the hiring process as needed;
- Constantly and proactively identify areas of opportunity to improve our process and the candidate experience;
- Create and execute robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest talent;
- Calibrate candidates with hiring managers;
- Keep up with a fast-paced environment;
- Resilient under pressure;
- Ready to collaborate and bring ideas to the attention of the whole team;
- Confident when working autonomously.
You should have:
- Over 4+ years of experience in a high-volume technical recruiting position; this ain’t your first rodeo so you can hit the ground running on day one;
- Experience in a startup or a tech-company is strongly appreciated;
- Experience recruiting for technical roles, including but not limited to Software Engineers, Quality Engineers and DevOps Engineers;
- High energy and a can-do attitude that makes candidates want to work with you;
- Impeccable communication skills, both oral and written; you represent the brand articulately in person and in emails. Sometimes your friends even wonder if you should have gone into sales;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; you’re the type of person who wonders how others get through the day without a colour-coordinated calendar and daily to-do list;
- A high bar for excellence; top talent is tough to seek out and you would never compromise it for the sake of filling a role;
- The ability to manage key stakeholders; that means following up when they’ve missed deadlines, challenging them to raise their bar, and ensuring they don’t drop the ball when it comes to the candidate experience;
- Possession of strong analytical skills with the ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team;
- A passion for helping people find the right opportunities, not just putting bums in seats;
- Self-motivation - you love learning on the fly.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.