Engineering – Engineering
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
BE A LEAD ENGINEER AT SETTER
Do you want to lead a team of experienced software engineers on a mission to build the cities of the future?
As Lead Engineer at Setter, you’ll partner with colleagues in design and product management to lead the development of a fast-growing product that is reshaping the way people interact with their urban environment. You’ll communicate effectively, taking care to make sure everybody understands where we’re going next and why. You are a respected technical leader and a collaborative problem-solver. You nurture creativity, enable and support good ideas, and help align vision across the organization. You should be particularly passionate about growing the impact of Setter via developing experiences that help us acquire, activate and retain homeowners and service providers.
From a technology perspective you are able to transverse, ‘talk’ and understand multiple languages and be as comfortable discussing decisions with our React Native team as you are with our Back End team (which is transitioning to Rust). You care deeply about the user experience and help each person on your team understand the impact of their decisions on creating the best possible experience for our members.
- Be accountable for delivery of engineering solutions.
- Develop an engineering culture that gives back to the community through open source contributions or other means.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively.
- Support the engineering and product teams in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use.
- Continuously improve the process of software delivery, from estimation to deployment, to ensure sound engineering practices while maintaining a sustainable pace of delivery.
- Dive into technical discussions and deeply understand and influence the decision-making process.
- Help make Setter a technology industry leader.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation.
- You have strong communication skills, both spoken and written — a history of blogging or essay-writing is helpful.
- Experienced in building and maintaining complex software systems.
- You have experience with a wide spectrum of programming languages and paradigms, from OOP all the way to purely functional programming. And from high-level to low-level programming languages.
- You have a strong desire to keep learning and to share what you’ve learned.
- You have a desire to “grok” things and do not settle for having a superficial understanding of the technologies that you use.
YOU WILL WOW US IF
- BS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- You're looking for a blend of technical and non-technical work - where some of your days might require management, while others might require "getting your hands dirty" and contributing to our various codebases
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.