Head of Engineering
Product & Engineering – Engineering
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
Help us build a world-class engineering organization
Setter is looking for a senior engineering leader who has scaled teams of 30+ before and who is looking to create a world-class engineering organization.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining the company's long-term tech roadmap.
- Be accountable for delivery of engineering solutions.
- Build world-class engineering teams, including bringing in the right talent and mentoring more junior engineers
- Develop an engineering culture that gives back to the community through open source contributions or other means.
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively.
- Support the engineering and product teams in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use.
- Continuously improve the process of software delivery.
- Help make Setter a technology industry leader.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Track record of quality engineering and scaling teams of 30+. You have recruited and hired engineers before, and are able to inspire a team.
- Pragmatic, proactive problem-solving. You know how to make business and engineering tradeoffs and prioritize accordingly. You've solved many scaling problems before and know how to balance short-term and long-term initiatives.
- Great communication. You can create a culture of transparency, respect and effectiveness through great communication. You communicate proactively with business stakeholders.
- Creating an environment where people want and do the best work of their lives.
- You can make the team accelerate even as technical complexity is added.
- You've developed long-term engineering roadmaps.
- You've participated in designing engineering organizations, are able to spot team strengths and weaknesses and bring in the talent that the company needs.
- You're able to represent engineering at the leadership level.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.