Supply Operations Lead
City Teams – Redwood City Team
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
The Supply Operations Lead is a critical role in delivering the Setter experience to our customers. You'll own the end to end experience across the front lines of the Setter experience, helping to ensure that our tradespeople (Pros) are able to deliver exceptional service for our busy Homeowners in times of need. The role requires a unique ability to maintain strategic thinking while remaining calm and organized even when there are multiple fires burning with real customers. You'll be expected to multitask constantly, make smart decisions in the face of competing priorities and deescalate tricky situations - you'll also be responsible for taking a critical eye towards the way we work, and challenging the status quo wherever you find opportunities for improvement.
Homeowners are (rightly so) protective of their homes and it requires a unique touch to ensure that our clients feel valued and fairly treated while also ensuring that we properly respect the Pros that are the face of Setter in the home.
As a Supply Operations Lead your job will entail:
- Lead the Supply side of the market in their respective territory for Setter (comprised of trades like plumbers, electricians, roofers etc.)
- Acting as the main point of contact for managing Pro relationships
- Working directly with pros to systematically elevate their businesses
- Leading and executing on strategic initiatives to improve how Setter engages with Pros (e.g, load management, pro scoring, quality control)
- Work directly with the GM of the city to help define how Setter acquires, retains and delights Pros
- Understanding seasonal trends and Setter’s upward growth trajectory, ensure that Setter has the right number of Pros to match client demand
- Build out an onboarding flow to ensure that new trades have an amazing first experience with Setter and want to continue to work with us
- Imagine, build and execute how a Setter Pro should work with Setter from their first to their 100th job
- Work with Product to help understand and plan what Pro tools Setter should build to ensure they can do their jobs well
- Work with Pros to understand how they price jobs and then help Setter internal employees quote jobs with limited Pro involvement
What you'll bring to the job
- Startup experiencing is a preference
- Strategic thinker, with demonstrable experience building something from scratch
- You’ve worked across different functional teams, aligning, building and executing projects or initiatives
- You thrive in high-performance environments
- You should love talking to people of diverse backgrounds and have critical path mindset
- Experience working with trades or in the construction industry is a huge asset
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.