Product & Engineering – Engineering
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer that has an eye for detail, experience with high-availability architecture, scalability and deployment automation. You will work closely with our Engineering team to embed DevOps into our SDLC. This is an exciting opportunity to expand your skillset as you lead by example, grow robust processes, introduce new tools and methods. If you are reliable, self-motivated, have a high bar for quality, meticulously measure everything and obsess over automation - please read further!
- Design and develop backend systems using a variety of technologies;
- Identify and optimize the interdependencies between applications development and infrastructure operations through a collaborative approach to continuous delivery and monitoring;Utilize experience in order to identify problematic relationships;
- Proactively and continuously improving the deploy process and the staging of the production environment;
- Work cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. You will interact with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization;
- Take ownership of code responsibility and release platforms;
- Take ownership of our GCP environment;
- Maintain and improve the staging environment;
- Develop production reliability and performance dashboard;
- Improve our CI/CD tooling through refactoring, extension, and implementation of new tools to support processes that make sense;
- Develop automation frameworks and functionality;
- Generate and analyze data, helping us apply metrics to inform our day-to-day choices as well as our strategic path.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in a SaaS and/or D2C environment;
- 2+ years of professional experience with GCP ecosystems;
- Experience with scripting languages like Powershell or Python, setting up and configuring application performance monitoring and alerting, CI/CD tools like Travis CI, Jenkins, DataDog, Segment, Sentry;
- Expert level experience with Docker and are familiar with technologies including and/or similar to Kubernetes;
- Worked in infrastructure as code environment;
- Experience thriving in an Agile environment, as well as able to maintain a Kanban operational pipeline;
- Experience with mobile application distribution tools like Microsoft App Centre, HockeyApp or TestFlight;
- Managed and maintain an operational runbook;
- Built and maintained an elastic search cluster;
- Experience with iOS and Android release processes.
BONUS if you have...
- Experience deploying and managing production-grade Kubernetes Applications;
- Experience deploying and managing Terraform-based (or similar infrastructure-as-code tooling) applications;
- Experience building a blue/green deployment on Kubernetes.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.