Product & Engineering – Engineering
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
We are looking for a go-getter Quality Engineer with an eye for detail and an obsession with delivering amazing end-user products.
You will work closely with the Engineering Team to make sure that we are not just meeting the bar on quality (including performance), but exceeding it.
You will be a key resource as we scale our products and services across different cities in North America.
You've worked in an agile environment before and you're not scared to get your hands dirty with code (especially TypeScript). You can write automated tests and you're eager to learn more about end-to-end testing.
As a Quality Engineer, you'll get to do things like:
- Use your extensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools. (e.g. postman, dev tool, mobile testing tools...)
- Triage problems, prioritize accordingly and create testing-related documentation (e.g. test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk)
- Apply your knowledge of manual and automated testing (e.g. code review for Unit test, creative for functional, integration, regression, e2e, stress, Load, Deployment, Security, Ad-hoc)
- Utilize your strong organizational and communication skills to provide test results to business stakeholders and project teams
- Collaborate closely with the development team to help define feature requirements, design and implementation to ensure testability, scalability, maintainability, and reliability within project timelines
- Establish a mechanism to capture and maintain feedback from the quality feedback review cycle
- Collaborate with the engineering team to help achieve a high level of test coverage (through formal means like code review and pair programming, or informal means like voluntary info sessions)
What you'll bring to the team:
- You have 3+ years of software development experience
- You are experienced with automation (release and testing) in an environment with short release cycles
- You enjoy working independently, yet you’re comfortable raising issues and taking corrective action
- You communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented attitude
- You have hands-on experience with REST API, and are well-versed in Service Oriented Architectures
- You can demonstrate experience with one or more of the following: software reliability, automated test maintenance, static analysis, or code coverage
- You have a history of applying appropriate industry-standard processes and practices to prevent and detect defects throughout the software development lifecycle
- You have the ability to utilize metrics and understand processes related to effective quality assurance and testing progress
- You have extensive experience with web and database application technologies, automated testing, frameworks and tools
- You are detail-oriented, analytical, and a creative thinker with a passion for quality processes
It’d be great if you also had the following:
- Systems and technology knowledge: GIT, SQL and JIRA
- A love for trying new things, iterating, and then diving in again - all at lightening speed
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.