Data Insights Strategist
Product & Engineering – Data Insights
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
What You’ll Do Here
Setter is looking for someone with a proven track record of turning raw information into business insights and recommendations that elevated their business to the next level. We firmly believe in data-driven decision making, and your role will be to empower our Growth, Product, Sales and Fulfillment teams in both Toronto and San Francisco with the insights and actions necessary to change the future.
Our ideal candidate is not only brilliant with SQL, but cares about understanding the business, products and customers. You’ll be challenged with solving complex problems and tasked with performing analyses, writing scripts, developing models or building dashboards that help us make better business decisions. You could be working on a churn analysis one week, then forecasting or attribution-modelling the next. But regardless of the project, you are able to prepare presentations and clearly communicate findings to the broader team. You’ll be responsible for handling and prioritizing requests from across the organization and developing business tools on top of our data stack to accelerate our 5-star team.
Who You Are
You are entrepreneurial, curious and a strategic/robust thinker with the technical skills to help massage data into valuable insights. You thrive in a fast-paced ‘get-it-done’ environment. You know how to manage a backlog and can collaborate with your peers.
- 1-2 years professional experience as a data analyst or consultant
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- Passionate romance with SQL; massaging data is an act of love
- Demonstrated experience with data visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau or Google Data Studio)
- Demonstrated experience with statistical packages in Python or R
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems that can shape our future
- Excel at explaining technical concepts to a business-oriented audience
- Comfortable making mistakes, but always owns finding the solution
- Experience with ETL and data warehousing
- Experience working in an earlier stage start-up
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment where dogs wander the office and the kitchen is always stocked with snacks and drinks
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.