Manager, Pricing & Quoting
City Operations – Home Management
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
The Pricing and Quoting Vertical Lead (VL) position is an important role at Setter; it is a unique combination of sales, estimating, customer success and leadership. As a manager for the Pricing and Quoting team, you will own the own a critical part of customer experience, having responsibility to ensure that the team provides fast, accurate, profitable quotes/estimates to our Homeowners looking for complicated and sometimes urgent home services jobs.
As Manager of this department you will:
- Be a people leader and lead, build, and coach a growing team (of 4, initially) of experienced contractors and sales people to: Foster an environment of collaborative colleagues through proactive effort; Be a process wizard and drive the team towards peak operational efficiency via coaching, process improvements or innovative new solutions; Plan and execute hiring according to projected growth and bottom line targets
- Be a player and a coach. Individuals in this role will be expected to lead from the front both as a coach to the team and a high output individual contributor, building competitive quotes/estimates that close
- Be a problem solver and drive the team towards ambitious day-to-day objectives relating to # of quotes (for non-trivial projects like renovations and emergency repairs) approved and customer satisfaction by: Clarifying and quoting at lightning speed; Issuing accurate quotes that raise no further questions or objections; Deal with customer escalations when projects inevitably go sideways
- Be a stakeholder whisperer beyond customers and help build a respect for the trades. Homeowners have usually had a less than stellar experience with tradespeople. You’re job is to help instill confidence and make sure we are always using the best people for the job
- Be an entrepreneur - Execute growth campaigns, and optimize through rigorous analysis of data; Ensure that Setter is available and as responsive as possible (we are a service-business and have the opportunity and responsibility to support homeowners at their times of need);
- Be a knowledgeable practitioner and host and develop a repository of knowledge relating to quoting home services jobs
What you bring to the table
- Familiarity or a level of comfort speaking with or working with tradespeople is considered a major asset as is hands on sales experience
- 4+ years of total work experience with a strong preference to entrepreneurial endeavours
- Intense ownership - Customers often reach out to us when something is going wrong (a leaking pipe or broken furnace)
- Strong people management skills - you can set the tone for a diverse team; driving towards results while also being empathetic to their challenges - EQ is a must-have
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.