Redwood City /
City Teams – San Francisco Team /
We are on a mission to make homeownership suck less. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
This role is also referred to as Home Manager.
Setter is making home improvement and maintenance effortless.
Everyday, hundreds of homeowners look to Setter to address problems in their home (from leaking faucets to brand new decks). The Home Manger at Setter helps make those requests a reality by talking to clients, understanding their needs and providing solutions. Our ops team is responsible for managing home improvement and maintenance projects from end to end on behalf of our clients. As a Home Manager you'll resolve our most complex requests by owning individual clients and their projects, ensuring we understand their needs, build appropriate project scopes, convey to clients that they can trust us with their homes, and coordinate logistics in a rapidly moving environment.
The role requires a unique combination of skills: a background in construction with the ability to estimate jobs, customer centricity, detailed organization, the ability to build rapport through written and verbal communication, and the skill to manage multiple stakeholders. The job is on the front lines and it’s performance-based. We have a culture of continuous improvement, so you'll be asked to take a critical eye towards the way we work, and challenge the status quo wherever you find opportunities for improvement.
Homeowners are (rightly so) protective of their homes and it requires a unique touch to ensure that our clients feel valued and fairly treated while also ensuring that we properly respect the Pros that are the face of Setter in the home.
Individuals who will be successful in this role have strong sales and/or account management experience, can run with leads while building and leveraging relationships with customers.
As a Home Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Owning our most complex home improvement and maintenance projects from end to end through focusing on wowing instead of pitching - instead of cold calls and LinkedIn touchpoints, you’ll focus on fulfilling inbound homeowner requests at lightning speed. You’ll never be asked to pitch a client something they didn’t already ask for.
- Designing and pricing complex project scopes.
- Managing multiple requests with an eye towards hitting targets.
- Communicating with clients to discover their underlying needs behind their home service requests.
- Designing and pricing appropriate project scopes for client needs.
- Coordinating with Pros to find the right service provider for our clients' needs.
- Managing project logistics between Pros and Homeowners.
- Ensuring that Pros are properly prepared for jobs. Sometimes small details can mean the difference between a 2 and 5 star experience, and this job requires an intense attention to detail.
- Communicating both in app (text) and often on the phone.
- Going over and above for our clients and Pros to let them know that we care (Ex: Sending gifts or cards).
- Occasional work on the weekends since homeowners are sometimes less available to chat between 9 and 5 and that can inhibit our ability to solve their problems and therefore achieve performance objectives.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Experience in the construction industry; you have the ability to price and quote jobs
- You thrive in high performance environments.
- A background in client operations (e.g., sales, customer service, customer success, field operations management, or service delivery) with more than just a customer-centric mindset; success in this role comes from combining the ability to move quickly and hit targets but to do so with empathy. Hitting targets while disregarding the end result is not something we’ll tolerate.
- You should love talking to clients, solving problems, and have a critical path mindset.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and going above and beyond.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects or initiatives.
- A startup mindset - the ability to move fast in the face of uncertainty.
- Intense ownership - you're never comfortable passing something off as "someone else's problem."
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. At Setter we believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to come into work everyday, then we want to hear from you!
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.