Operations Associate, Service
City Teams – Toronto Team
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
The Operations Associate’s role is to ensure seamless delivery of service by our Pros (internal and external) to our Homeowners, and optimize our internal Pros’ utilization. These stakeholders will rely on you to quarterback the execution of the jobs we discharge. This means proactive planning and organization, rapid responses to questions and issues, and expert relationship-building.
Like a doctor in the ER, this role requires lots of fast-paced and real-time problem solving. There will be multiple fires burning and you will need to prioritize them accordingly to make the most impact. You're the calm communicator when things go wrong, and the first person our Pros and Homeowners speak to while jobs are being executed.
You will be a critical role in delivering WOW to our customers. Our product is 50/50 result of the customer’s experience communicating with us and the value of the Pro’s work. You will play into both of these experiences and are therefore essential to our homeowners having a phenomenal experience with us.
We have a culture of continuous improvement, so you'll be asked to take a critical eye towards the way we work, and challenge the status quo wherever you find opportunities for improvement.
As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Execution. Delivering WOW by minimizing mistakes and going above and beyond. Ensuring that Pros are properly prepared for jobs. Sometimes the small details can make the difference between a 2 and a 5 star experience, and this job requires an intense attention to detail. Going above and beyond for our Homeowners and Pros to let them know that we care (i.e. sending gifts or cards). Communicating with Pros to gather information about changes, challenges or other job site conditions, and communicating with Homeowners and other departments to ensure successful day-of execution. Creating change orders (billable to the Homeowners) live including updating invoicing for Homeowners.
- Process improvement. Be a process and efficiencies wizard. Proactively looking for opportunities to deliver efficiencies in your job, highlight common problems and build towards solutions with your teammates while generally driving towards operational excellence.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Relevant experience: A background in operations (e.g., sales, customer service, customer success, field operations management, or service delivery) with more a customer-centric mindset and experience managing and coordinating projects or initiatives. Familiarity with home improvement, home maintenance, or a level of comfort working with tradespeople is considered an asset. We hire mostly on drive and capability. We can help you learn the rest.
- All-in attitude: Occasional work on the weekends since Homeowners are sometimes less available to chat between 9 and 5 and that can inhibit our ability to solve their problems and therefore achieve performance objectives.
- Gumption: Intense ownership - you're never comfortable passing something off as "someone else's problem." You are decisive and can make decisions on the fly sometimes with less than perfect information to rely on.
- Achiever mindset: You should love talking to Homeowners, solving problems, and have a critical path mindset. A strategic mindset with an ability to optimize process. You thrive in high performance environments with a demonstrated track record of leadership and going above and beyond.
- Humility: You are confident and competent but humble. This is a team sport and you want to and see the value of being part of a team.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.