Operations Associate, Consultations
City Teams – Toronto City Team
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
The Operations Associate of Consultations position is a critical role at Setter; it is a unique combination of sales, customer success and leadership. As the owner of the Home Consultation product, you will own a critical part of our customer experience, having responsibility to ensure that the team provides fast and accurate solutions to our new clients looking for complicated and sometimes urgent home services jobs. This role specifically revolves around the Home Consultation - a unique experience Setter offers new clients, where a member of our team will meet them in their home and discuss their upcoming and future home needs.
As an Operations Associate you will:
- Be an entrepreneur, starting in the field to master the role: Own the Home Consultation experience from marketing all the way through to reporting on outcomes, deliver rigorous analysis and constantly improve metrics through iteration of playbooks.
- Bring a sense of urgency: Drive for speed and delivering results over everything else; Challenging the status quo, and constantly in search of better and more efficient ways of delivering customer value.
- Be a problem solver and drive the team towards ambitious metrics and goals by: Developing playbooks for better presenting the Home Consultation experience to new customers; Delivering excellent customer service in our clients' homes; Preparing world-class summaries for the Pricing team to quote and sell; Turning strangers into advocates with exceptional service.
- Be a stakeholder whisperer beyond customers and help build a respect for the trades. Homeowners have usually had a less than stellar experience with tradespeople. You’re job is to help instill confidence and make sure we are always using the best people for the job
What you bring to the table
- A background in client operations (e.g., sales, customer service, customer success, field operations management, or service delivery)
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and going above and beyond
- Experience managing and coordinating projects or initiatives
- A startup mindset - the ability to move fast in the face of uncertainty
- Intense ownership - you're never comfortable passing something off as "someone else's problem"
- Familiarity with home improvement, home maintenance, or a level of comfort working with tradespeople is considered an asset
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.