General Construction Laborer
City Teams – San Francisco Team
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
Setter is a concierge service for Homeowners - we manage repairs and home improvement projects so our clients don’t have to. As a Setter Handyman, you’ll be responsible for conducting general home repairs and working in our crews to complete larger construction projects and renovations.
We are looking for a skilled General Construction Labourer to do high quality work and who enjoys meeting clients with a positive attitude. To be effective in this job, you will be a jack or jill of all trades who can work independently or in a crew. You’ll have your own tools and bring 5+ years of experience in general construction and home maintenance. Lastly, you’ll need your own reliable transportation and be willing to work all over the bay area.
Your performance is vital to the success of our company. You are on the front line, achieving our company goals of superior Homeowner satisfaction.
As the Handyman, you will be responsible for:
- Small solo home repair and home maintenance projects (examples: drywall patches, hanging doors, small paint jobs, flooring repairs, replacing furnace filters)
- Work with our crews to do larger home renovation projects (examples: bathroom renos, kitchen renos)
- Inspect homes for common maintenance needs (examples: adjusting doors, replacing filters, swapping out light or plumbing fixtures)
- Identify issues and change orders and report to the Setter office
- Photograph end results and work for the Setter office team to report back to the homeowners
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ working experience in general construction and skilled trades
- Basic knowledge of all construction trades with the ability to perform both rough and finished carpentry work as well as all other above noted jobs
- Positive attitude, highly-motivated with a desire to learn
- Provide your own full set of hand tools
- Provide your own vehicle
- Ability to use a smartphone, text, calendar apps
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Clean background check
- Someone who takes customer service seriously and strives for excellence when making Homeowners happy
MUST: You must be legal to work in California
- There will be occasional work on the weekends and evenings since Homeowners are sometimes less available to chat between 9 and 5 and that can inhibit our ability to solve their problems and therefore achieve performance objectives
- We are a fast paced scrappy startup. You must be comfortable working in an environment where dogs wander the office freely.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.