People Operations – People
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
We're growing quickly and are looking for incredibly talented person to build up out team as well as drive engagement and productivity as we scale. We want someone obsessed with driving efficient and effective teams, championing our culture and helping out people reach their full potential.
We are headquartered in Toronto and have an office in San Francisco. Our team is comprised of 50 wonderful team members, spread across two cities and several teams. The bulk of our team is focused on Customer Operations, driving exceptional client experiences. Over the next year, we plan to double our team, open new cities and thoughtfully scale our other offices to keep up with business growth. It’s going to be a thrilling year, and we’re looking for someone excited to help us grow well.
At its core, our People Operations leader can and should be a highly strategic function - we’re looking for someone with strong business experience who understands how to build and map our talent to our business goals.
Your responsibilities include:
- Growing our Skillsets: You will create an exceptional onboarding system for our teams around the world, that is both unified but also unique to each team. You’ll build process that makes new team members feel welcome and helps them get up-to-speed quickly. You will understand the greatest development needs at all levels across the business and address those needs through the Learning & Development organization. You will continue to make our company a place at which people want to stay for years.
- Rewarding Excellence: You will make our performance & salary reviews efficient and effective. You’ll build fair and transparent compensation, titles, and org structures. You will own broader reward and recognition programs, so that our best people feel their work is visible and appreciated.
- Know our People: You will deeply understand our employees with qualitative and quantitative data so that you can make strong, data driven decisions. You will lead the choice and implementation of all People related systems as we grow, with the goal of creating a ‘single source of truth’ on each employee.
Your sills and approach include:
- A highly empathetic and people-first approach
- A commitment to building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Exceptional communication, listening, and mentorship skills
- Passion for designing and shaping meaningful employee experiences
- Drive to promote and development a culture of feedback and development
- A love for creating employee engagement strategies and measuring success
- Engaging deeply and frequently with the HR and tech communities of the cities we work from
- Keeping informed and up-to-date on HR best practices and employment laws
What you bring to the table:
- Experience Leading Teams at Scale: Has led tech companies (or other knowledge worker businesses) at larger scale than us and knows the opportunities and challenges that come with scaling teams. Have scaled a team beyond 100 people.
- Has Seen It All: Brings expertise/thoughtfulness across breadth of HR and recruiting functions. Has experience and depth in a range of functions -- with comp and benefits, with architecting learning and development programs, with the strategy and operations of recruiting, with expertise in organizational design, as well as the personal side of employee relations.
- Proven Coach & Trusted Advisor: Thoughtful and strategic thinker who can gain the trust of leaders and team members across the company to advise on difficult situations and drive change throughout the company. Able to inspire teams and work at scale through others, yet still willing to get hands dirty as is necessary in a quickly growing startup.
- Alignment with our Values: Has a proven record of being All In and showing Gumption in the way work is approached. Is Open Minded and Humble in decision-making, both in times of success and failure. Demonstrates Kaizen through iterative improvement every day.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.