Program Manager - Payments and Servicing
Engineering and Product – Product and Design /
Remote or On-Site
Who We Are
Settle is a stable and well funded FinTech company on a mission to help small and medium businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our growing team (~70today) was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. We provide above-market pay, stock options, and competitive benefits like health insurance, English lessons, and flexible PTO. We're looking for motivated engineers who are eager to build something from scratch to delight our customers!
Check out this Techcrunch article and AIN article about our fundraising as well as this interview about our Lviv office with our founder.
About the Opportunity
As an early member of the product team and first Ukraine based PM, you will report directly to the CTO and collaborate across the company to define and drive impactful and results oriented products and features for our payments and servicing team. You will also help define the product planning and development process for the team and the company. This PM will own and focus on our core systems for moving funds including our systems of record, our core banking and processing partnerships, our internal operational tooling, and the clarity of our customer payment experience. We have great product market fit, organic growth, and a long term road map. Now we’re looking for someone to help the team to stay organized and turn those ideas into reality. Someone who sweats the details and drives change. Who knows when to use data, when to consult others, and when to follow their gut. Who is able to push through resistance without being a bulldozer, and can easily guide discussion towards resolution. Who thinks iteratively, moves quickly, and puts the customer at the center of everything they do.
How You'll Make an Impact
- You’ll figure out the highest impact work for the team and quarterback it to completion
- You'll help define and rollout process for Settle's product development lifecycle
- You’ll take ownership over key business metrics and the success of critical initiatives
- You’ll build relationships with business and engineering as well as external partners
- You’ll evaluate all options including building, buying, and partnering to pick the best approach for the job at hand
- You’ll find the low hanging fruit and test the market rather than jumping into a complex big-bang solution
- You’ll act as a point person to track resolution and escalate any issues you find
- You’ll put our users' needs and experiences at the forefront of everything you do
What Sets You Apart
- You’re willing to take risks
- You have 4+ years of product management experience (prior work in fintech and/or payments is a plus)
- You understand technical complexity (engineering degree/experience preferred but not required)
- You’re equally comfortable developing strategy as diving into the implementation weeds
- You don’t try to “boil the ocean”, always thinking of MVP and incremental benefits
- You’re a strong communicator who cares about people and can build relationships and alignment both internally and externally
- You thrive in small, collaborative, and ambiguous environments
- You have a proven track record bringing new products & features to market