Credit Strategy Lead
San Francisco /
Business – Risk /
Remote or On-Site
About the Opportunity
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team (60+ today) was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity. Check out this Techcrunch article and Kleiner blog post.
We are looking for an individual with superb negotiation skills, strong business acumen, and an investigative mindset to join Settle’s Credit & Risk team.
What You'll Do
- Negotiate workouts, debt recovery, and payment restructure agreements, autonomously.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment; drive fast response/action times both externally (with our clients) and internally (with our cross-functional teams).
- Ensure positive customer service experience in the process of debt recovery efforts.
- Drive process improvement and automation.
- Review and analyze financial documentation including P&L, BS, and CF statements to Identify financial risk and propose a course of action to mitigate losses.
- Review and analyze legal documentation including: loan agreements, various legal and account notices, enforcement documents, invoices, client correspondence, settlement agreements, lien filings, litigation records, etc.
- Act as point of contact with outside counsel, bankruptcy counsel, and collection agencies.
- Champion clear communication between Operations, Customer Success, Risk, and Legal teams.
What We Look For
- Expert negotiator. Experience negotiating legal contracts/agreements is required.
- Previous experience in commercial finance (lending institution or fintech) is required.
- Previous experience in debt restructuring and recovery strategies is required.
- Basic understanding and analysis of financial statements and metrics.
- A solid understanding of equity raises, acquisitions, debt restructures, and insolvency proceedings (including bankruptcies and ABCs) is required.
- Empathetic, articulate, and able to gain customer loyalty even in difficult situations.
- Meticulously detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-starter who works autonomously while also prioritizing keeping internal teams updated with progress.
- Ability to think critically about complex problems, appropriately weigh many factors and reach a definitive conclusion.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.