System Engineer / DevOps
Engineering – Technical Operations /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
We are currently looking for a System Engineer / DevOps to join our Technical Operations team in our offices in London or UK remotely and work with us on automating our deploy system, infrastructure architecture, and application monitoring. Hence, you will be working together with our Engineering team to constantly improve the quality and stability of our system and help us scale highly dynamical infrastructure running up to thousands of servers in parallel.
Some of the challenges you will face:
- Maintaining multiple environments on several different cloud providers
- Making sure that the infrastructure can support our platform at any given moment
- Monitoring thousands of instances in real time
- Researching new technologies that will make our platform even more resilient
- Automating as much work as possible
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration and internals
- Good knowledge of Bash
- Have working knowledge of network design and implementation
- Have extensive working experience with automation, monitoring, and deploy processes
- Have experience with maintaining an infrastructure ran on top of major Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- Have experience in working with containers
- Be familiar with configuration management tools
- Have good communication skills
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
It would be great if you:
- Have good knowledge of Python or Go and/or experience with other programming languages
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our benefits: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.