UPN Data Operations Manager
Unified Patient Network – Solutions Delivery /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
We are expanding our industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem and partnering with other industry leaders to create the Unified Patient Network (UPN) -- an unprecedented network of health systems, patients, and biopharmaceutical companies -- to leverage population-scale, whole genome-driven research and discovery to dramatically accelerate and advance precision medicine.
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
You will be the initial hire and team lead for an exciting, new Clinical Data Operations function that supports an innovative real-world data initiative at Seven Bridges. The successful candidate will build and lead a team focused on the ingestion, harmonization and quality management of large-scale, integrated electronic health record (EHR) data assets from a growing ecosystem of US health system partners in this initiative.
We seek an experienced and driven domain expert in EHR / clinical data who has a strong technical aptitude, work ethic, and ability to lead a team in a dynamic, cross-functional environment. This position also affords an opportunity to deepen your cloud software and data analytics expertise, and collaborate deeply with engineers and data scientists - all while working with and building some of the largest integrated clinico-genomic datasets in the world.
The role requires the ability to define the ‘data operations engine’ for incoming clinical and phenotype data in support of Seven Bridges’ exciting initiative. Working collaboratively with Product and Engineering leadership and teams, the candidate will bring a strong background in defining data management processes, running and monitoring EHR data ‘pipelines’, and establishing data quality standards for a large-scale, data-driven research network and initiative. The work also involves close coordination and day-to-day work with Seven Bridges’ hospital and health system partners, whose IT / data analysts and research coordinators serve as key collaborators in this work.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee data ingestion, harmonization, and quality management for a large-scale clinical genomics research program via the deployment and operation of a robust suite of “clinical data pipeline” services and tools that integrate EHR and clinical registries datasets from partnered hospitals and health systems.
- Build a culture of collaboration and “customer service” with partnered health system IT collaborators and core platform engineering teams.
- Hire and build a team of dedicated Data Operations Analysts and Engineers supporting this work at the scale of millions of patient records.
- Lead the development of Clinical Data Operations standards, processes and management tracking tools to ensure robust, high-quality data delivery and integration.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering functions that build and deliver key data pipeline tools and components.
- Lead and oversee workflow optimizations and contribute to clinical data pipeline process and platform improvements.
- Solve and manage day-to-day data integration, delivery and quality challenges and issues - often in direct partnership with data analysts and IT integration experts at health system partner sites.
- Create, mechanize and distribute data quality and operational reports.
- Automate the execution and monitoring of data processes and pipelines.
- Build and lead a “culture of continuous improvement” with regards to data operations, data quality and project delivery.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Data Science or a technical engineering discipline.
- 3+ years working with large-scale electronic health record (EHR) or clinical registries databases or data warehouses.
- 3+ years of technical team management and direct staff supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced “startup” environment.
- Experience working in a regulated healthcare data environment (HIPAA/CMS in healthcare and/or GxP/FDA in life sciences or biopharma).
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures or technical ‘operational playbooks’, ideally with a focus in a healthcare or clinical data management environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 5+ years of direct working experience with SQL.
- Strong working knowledge of Python, GitHub and JSON.
- 4+ years in a technical lead role (i.e. Lead Reporting Analyst, Lead Database Administrator) experience in data engineering or data warehousing in a US hospital or healthcare system (strongly preferred).
- Hands-on experience working in data operations, data management or analytics in a cloud-based environment (AWS preferred).
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, employer paid health insurance, 33 days of PTO, retirement options and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance. Uncapped earnings potential, opportunity to join both as a key player in an exciting and high growth potential space, as well as a sales team early on with room for growth and expansion of responsibilities.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.