Product Manager- ARIA
Product – Product Development /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
The Product Manager will serve as a customer proxy and work closely with product management, design, scientific subject matter experts, and customer insights and research team partners to define, clarify, and prioritize user stories in the team backlog. You’ll be directly involved with crafting a solution for our flagship product ARIA that provides population analytics at scale with real-time response times. This year, we’ll be crafting a first-of-its-kind user interface that places the power of big data analysis into the hands of non-computational researchers to extend access to information. To accomplish this, you will partner with design, architecture and research to develop and test prototypes which will define the problem and design solution in a way that achieves the larger product objectives. You will translate design direction into user stories with your teams all the while ensuring technical integrity as you deliver value on time through quality releases with humane scoping. This is a Product Manager role that will execute technical, design solutions within an agile, continuous delivery across the software development life cycle. You’ll be working in a complex big data ecosystem developed to drive breakthroughs in precision medicine. This means we support a wide array of public and commercial clients in their analysis of big data to generate insights across Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
What you'll be doing;
- Build, edit and maintain the team backlog (which consists of user stories, defects, and enablers) with input from the team, architecture, systems design manager, product managers, customer insights and research partner, executive leadership and other stakeholders as needed.
- Prioritize user stories in the team backlog through the analysis of information related to profit drivers, strategic customers, business risks, user experience pain points, cross-team dependencies, and business concerns.
- Define and clarify the user stories in the product backlog in coordination and cooperation with other scrum team members and the Product Manager(s) working on the program ensuring there is
- Quality and security in the user stories
- An understanding and empathy for the user experience through participation in and consumption of customer insights and research.
- Ensure that the user stories solve real customer problems.
- Collaborate with your team to articulate acceptance criteria which can be verified with user acceptance tests.
- Maximize the value produced by the team by ensuring the user stories meet the user’s needs as defined through acceptance criteria, and that they comply with the Definition of Done.
- Cultivate a healthy backlog to support backlog refinement and prioritization as part of quarterly planning activities.
- Lead story definition with your team and provide necessary clarification to assist the team with story estimates and sequencing. Participate in team retrospectives to ensure that the team is consistently improving.
- Work closely with your team to determine the primary objectives for each quarterly planning cycle and communicate these objectives and the value they will bring to the company.
- Collaborate with your team to prepare demos that demonstrate the delivered value to the organization.
- Work closely with your Product Director to create and iterate on the Definition of Done for the organization.
- Attend and participate in product management and executive conversations about the product roadmap and vision to better understand the scope of upcoming enabler work.
- Contribute to the evolution and refinement of the vision, roadmap and return on investment.
Do you have what it takes?
- 3-5+ years of combined experience (education and professionally) working in software development, information architecture, data visualization, big data analytics, technical product management, and/or data management.
- Proven track record of successfully developing valuable products within an agile environment supporting at least 1-2 scrum teams.
- Strong exposure to the double diamond and design thinking methodologies to drive innovation and improved customer experience.
- Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as messaging queuing infrastructures, AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
- Knowledgeable of the design and development of complex systems, cloud infrastructure and services
- Employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.