IT Help Desk Manager
Security & Compliance – Information Security /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
We are looking for an IT Help Desk Manager who will be a member of the information technology team, reporting to the Director of Information Security and Compliance, and will help the team in providing support to Seven Bridges employees across global offices.
Hence, an ideal candidate will not only bring expertise in IT Laptop Support, IT Procurement, Troubleshooting Laptop and Software Issues, Networking, Facilities, IT Tooling and Implementation, but will also be working closely with an information security and compliance team and get exposure to security event monitoring, security incident response, compliance, and security engineering.
What you will be doing:
- Leading a team of IT Help Desk Analysts
- Automating troubleshooting laptop, software, and printer issues
- Owning Seven Bridges IT solutions, e.g. laptop image builds
- Performing user access administration for business systems
- Taking care of Google Suite (G-Suite) management and single-sign on configuration and implementation
- Leading the implementation of tooling and technology on end point devices
- Installing and maintaining office Wi-fi, networking equipment and resolving conference room audio / visual issues
- Building and maintaining laptop standard images
- Building IT helpdesk documentation and process
- Leading IT budgeting
- Remote help desk administration
- Working closely with the security team on monitoring security including anti-virus, endpoint security, backup, and mobile device management
- Assisting new employees with technology setup and questions and training employees how to use various technology around the office
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 8+ years experience in IT Helpdesk, Security, Technology out of which 2+ years are in a manager position
- Growth stage technology company experience preferred
- Identity and access management (I&AM) experience
- Exposure to security technologies such as IDS, Firewalls, Anti-virus, SIEM, WAF, etc.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience preferred
- Experience with Atlassian and G-suite business applications
- Leadership, teamwork and customer service skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, trustworthy, willing to speak up, proactive, persuasive
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language
It would be great if you:
- Are familiar with the command line interface of multiple operating systems – Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.
- Have understanding of scripting languages to include the following – Python, Shell, Ruby, Perl
- Have an experience with corporate IT / Help desk
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together .
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.