Finance & Administration – Legal & Compliance /
Seven Bridges aims to transform healthcare by developing innovative technologies to address the next level of challenges in representing and understanding the diversity of the human genome and the changes that lead to disease. Through the use of novel data structures, advanced query and analytical procedures we aim to develop software that can robustly, accurately and quickly identify diverse molecular changes relevant for human health. The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for drafting and negotiating legal documents as well as providing advice on a wide variety of legal matters. They are expected to work independently, driving legal matters to a resolution autonomously and collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the company as well as external parties such as clients, vendors, partners, and outside counsel.
What you'll be doing;
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts with clients, vendors, and partners, ranging from form NDAs and end user agreements to complex enterprise SaaS agreements and in-bound IP licensing agreements
- Advise commercial and program management staff on deal aspects and negotiations
- Provide research and advice on a wide variety of regulatory matters, from FDA regulations to employment law to data protection to export regulations
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop policies and procedures ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations
- Work with internal Finance and People Ops teams as well as outside counsel to support cross-border operations, including management of overseas subsidiaries and compliance with local laws
- Assist with corporate matters, including employee equity, board and shareholder matters, and in-bound investment
Do you have what it takes?
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school with admission to practice law in Massachusetts .
- 2-5 years experience in a law firm or in-house, with strong contract drafting experience.
- Experience with SaaS agreements and matters and clinical software matters is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication across multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent legal research, analysis and drafting skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Responsive and self-starting, can thrive in ambiguous and collaborative environments with a bias towards problem solving and action
- Gives feedback effectively and learns from feedback received
- Effective communicator, empathetic, organized, and disciplined
- This person has a high degree of personal integrity
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, employer paid health insurance, 33 days of PTO, retirement options and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance. Uncapped earnings potential, opportunity to join both as a key player in an exciting and high growth potential space, as well as a sales team early on with room for growth and expansion of responsibilities
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.