Principal Product Designer
Technology – Information Architecture /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
The Principal Product Designer for ARIA is responsible for partnering across the organization to refine and further establish the design approach, information architecture, user experience flows and visual direction for the ARIA solution. Seven Bridges ARIA will offer researchers a centralized solution for analyzing genomic and phenotypic data at scale across different cohorts through interactive visualizations and a portal that is optimized for users to collaborate across geographies.
Your experience spans the design lifecycle with a heavy emphasis in innovation, discovery, information architecture, and user experience design. You demonstrate a passion for inventing a design approach for complex, information dense interfaces that make sense to highly trained professionals and draws on best practices and design principles. You’re skilled in storytelling to communicate and gain consensus for a recommended design direction while delivering towards product roadmaps and the product strategy.
You'll lead the design efforts for the ARIA product and related initiatives, working in partnership with others to provide direction through the creation of experience maps, system diagrams, concept sketching, information architecture explorations, user flows and working prototypes - all in varying degrees of fidelity. You’ll be an expert in partnering with subject matter experts, customer insights and research partners, product leaders, and solution architects to translate complex requirements into information-rich dashboards that support interactive, analytical experiences. The outcome for our customers is to accelerate understanding and analysis to facilitate the invention of precision medicine. This will be accomplished with clear, cohesive, consistent, and configurable information environments that rely heavily on easy-to-use input, annotation and export methods that work alongside clear data visualization models.
What you'll be doing:
- Informing and supporting research plans to identify what our customers seek.
- Become an expert in our customers and practice human-centered design that is tailored to scientists who have highly-specialized subject matter expertise.
- Identify, articulate and galvanize the interconnections between varying user needs and business outcomes.
- Design low, mid, and high-fidelity prototypes that provide solutions for end-to-end user flows, information architecture, portal design, and data visualization models.
- Demonstrate excellence in complex-systems thinking and design, knowing when to consolidate features in an effort to reduce time on task and effort to complete.
- Practice the craft of design within an agile (scrum), lean environment.
- Communicate complex design solutions to a wide range of stakeholders across sales, support, scientific engagement, program management, product, architecture and scrum teams to align across the organization of what we are building and why it benefits the customers.
- Establish regular critique sessions with designers across the company to build coherent short, medium and long-term design strategy across public programs and commercial initiatives.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to other designers, engineers, and product peers.
- Work across the organization to continually evolve and grow our design practice, processes, and capabilities to support the delivery of world-class product design solutions.
- Partnering closely with Product and Program Leaders to set the design vision and direction for ARIA and raise the visual and interaction design quality and get teams working in a way that makes great products.
- Excellence in identifying, understanding and rendering data visualizations that meet the needs of a specialized audience.
- Plan and lead usability testing in both the prototyping and deployment phases.
- Demo designs to the organization and in scrum ceremonies to evangelize concepts and approach.
- Develop and contribute to a design system of reusable UI components that other designers can utilize.
Do you have what it takes?
- Track record of innovating and delivering design experiences at scale
- Demonstrated quality in design craft, process and thinking
- Recognized as an expert within the field of design, with extensive design specialist knowledge
- Experience leading other designers working on complex software
- Experience building and iterating on a product based on usage patterns, user feedback and an evolving strategic landscape
- Strong storytelling, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations
- Ability to influence and speak the language of business and design simultaneously and to mixed audiences
- A genuine eagerness to work with, mentor, encourage and learn from a diverse and talented team
- An inclusive, collaborative approach that helps maintain our values and contributes to making Seven Bridges a great place to work
- 10+ years professional experience with end-to-end digital product design (research, wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups and/or high fidelity prototypes), preferably in e-commerce
- 1-2 case studies that demonstrate your approach to a complex design interface that covers discovery, information architecture, low, mid and high fidelity prototypes, preferably with data visualizations. Discuss the timeline, challenges, and impact of the work.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.